Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alright then, i'll save up some dosh and buy online :up:

i just didn't want to buy the CD remasters if all i was going to get was a jewel case with a two page blank booklet or a crappy cardboard effort.

All of the remasters I have are cardboard packages with a tight, clear, hard plastic slipcase. The cardboard "sleeve" features the original cover artwork (except in the case of Discreet Music, if I'm remembering this correctly) with a modest, vertical strip down the left side denoting the remaster. The cases open to feature liner notes and such on the left side, and the disc-spindle-dealie on the right. As for what information is included, that depends on the album in question. To come back once more to Discreet Music, that one features Eno's musings on his hospital stay that inspired the record; Ambient 4 is, I think, the one with the instructions for virtual, hi-fi era surround sound. I could be misremembering. I think that the information included with Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World, which are the two best starting points for Eno's solo work, was largely technical/legal. I don't recall anything of particular interest.

Motion City Soundtrack, huh? I didn't know much about them, but they recently played a gig here. I didn't even know they were playing until after they played and their picture was in the paper, but they were here.

All of the remasters I have are cardboard packages with a tight, clear, hard plastic slipcase. The cardboard "sleeve" features the original cover artwork (except in the case of Discreet Music, if I'm remembering this correctly) with a modest, vertical strip down the left side denoting the remaster. The cases open to feature liner notes and such on the left side, and the disc-spindle-dealie on the right. As for what information is included, that depends on the album in question. To come back once more to Discreet Music, that one features Eno's musings on his hospital stay that inspired the record; Ambient 4 is, I think, the one with the instructions for virtual, hi-fi era surround sound. I could be misremembering. I think that the information included with Here Come the Warm Jets and Another Green World, which are the two best starting points for Eno's solo work, was largely technical/legal. I don't recall anything of particular interest.

thank you for your clear, concise help.

So did anyone see that Pavement, Broken Social Scene, and Band of Horses are playing a show together in Toronto?

I hate everyone who goes to that show. Also, people from Toronto have small penises according to the Martha meets Joyful video.

I listened to Another Green World. The second half of Low is right out of that playbook. I always knew it was the "Eno section" of the album, but I've never heard anything that you can point to and say, "There, that's it." Now I do.

Good album.

So did anyone see that Pavement, Broken Social Scene, and Band of Horses are playing a show together in Toronto?

I hate everyone who goes to that show. Also, people from Toronto have small penises according to the Martha meets Joyful video.

I hope they all get kicked in their tiny penises.

Have fun with that, Elfa and BoMac, you non-posting rat bastards.

They went on celebratory drug binges when Canada beat us in hockey.

New U2 tracks about the scourge of Canadian heroin (distilled maple syrup and beaver pelt) coming soon.

I listened to Another Green World. The second half of Low is right out of that playbook. I always knew it was the "Eno section" of the album, but I've never heard anything that you can point to and say, "There, that's it." Now I do.

Good album.

i think Sky Saw fits in with your description there, the guitar in particular.

When Future of the Left is playing on the classroom computer after school, stand near it so when a sweet, wide-eyed little fifth grade girl comes back for her science study guide at 3:30, you can make a dive for the mute button.

I made it in time.

Best stuff I've heard, so far, has often been pretty far wide of the mainstream. Nevertheless, some recs from my neck of the woods...

Los Campesinos!: Romance is Boring
The Feeling of Love: OK Judge Revival
Kreamy 'Lectric Santa: Operation Spacetime Cinderblock
Sonic Avenues: Sonic Avenues
Nerve City: Nerve City: Recordings 2007-2008
Nothing People: Soft Crash
The Art Museums: Rough Frame
Moon Duo: Escape

And holy SHIT, this is a killer compilation: Brazilian Guitar Fuzz Bananas

A few you may not have heard yet:

Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM
Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago
Four Tet - There Is Love In You
Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here

I'm just quoting these posts for later. They'll be some Friday night music tryouts in a few days. :)

When Future of the Left is playing on the classroom computer after school, stand near it so when a sweet, wide-eyed little fifth grade girl comes back for her science study guide at 3:30, you can make a dive for the mute button.

I made it in time.

haha

You'd probably like that Surfer Blood album, Martha. Probably.

It's not like Wilco is making money off this. The article reads like the owner really loves Wilco, and is using their song and album titles, not like Wilco is branching out into the food industry. :shrug:

Saw it a week ago. Dude likes THE WILC!, just like me. Who gives a shit? Let him theme his sandwich shop however he wants. If it was named Wowee Zowee Sandwiches, you wouldn't be so judgmental.

The (Was I) In Your Creamery already has that market tapped, Scumby.

LCD Soundsystem news: the new record is nine tracks, 65 minutes long. Two of the titles are "Drunk Girls" and "I Can Change," one of which will most likely be the lead single.

It's not like Wilco is making money off this. The article reads like the owner really loves Wilco, and is using their song and album titles, not like Wilco is branching out into the food industry. :shrug:

I know they're not. I still think it's sad, and cheesy as hell.

If it was named Wowee Zowee Sandwiches, you wouldn't be so judgmental.

That's bullshit, and you know it. Plus, no self-respecting Pavement fan would ever do such a thing. Which kind of goes back to my original point.

Wilco has become the "indie" version of Grateful Dead/Phish/DMB. Enjoy.

so i've listened to The Queen is Dead after finally acquiring a week ago.

feels very short, but i thought it was very good! though maybe not the out-and-out classic many of its ardent fans think it is.

Back
Top Bottom