Interference Random Music Thread XIII: THE RAN! dom Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1239788892jizzinmypantsc.gif

So after repeated listens, The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society is growing on me. It's not an immediate album. But now I've moved onto Arthur, and I can already say I like the latter more than the former.

I think I've actually agreed with you on this, already, but whatever. Yeah. Village Green isn't quite all it's cracked up to be. It's fine, yeah. But I really think that that's about it. I just don't understand all the fuss. I, too, think that there are several better Kinks records.

You know, it's actually been a few years since I listened to it, at this point. I should really give it another try, I suppose. I've spent like seven or eight months listening almost exclusively to music either of or heavily indebted to that era, so maybe I'll be a more forgiving listener, this time around...?

I guess the real question is whether or not I'll actually DO that. Time'll tell.

Listening to Ziggy Stardust for the first time in years and it's kind of blowing my mind. Don't know why I was inspired to listen to it, and I might just be in a good mood but, damn. These melodies are just so fucking strong. Really good shit here.

I've never really explored Bowie's catalogue very deeply, but have always wanted to. So much to do, so little time.

Ziggy, on the other hand, is one of those classic records which is actually (somehow) even better than the hype would lead you to believe. Unreal. Hunky Dory is another stunner, and I think that you can also add "Heroes" and The Man Who Sold the World to the list of Bowie records that are significantly better than the perenially overrated (but hardly bad) Low.

Listening to Ziggy Stardust for the first time in years and it's kind of blowing my mind. Don't know why I was inspired to listen to it, and I might just be in a good mood but, damn. These melodies are just so fucking strong. Really good shit here.

I've never really explored Bowie's catalogue very deeply, but have always wanted to. So much to do, so little time.
Station to Station is my favorite, but as YLB often notes, pretty much everything from 1969-1980 is gold (aside from Young Americans, and even that has some gems).

I love Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane, and Station to Station.

Ziggy, on the other hand, is one of those classic records which is actually (somehow) even better than the hype would lead you to believe. Unreal. Hunky Dory is another stunner, and I think that you can also add "Heroes" and The Man Who Sold the World to the list of Bowie records that are significantly better than the perenially overrated (but hardly bad) Low.
I feel about Hunky Dory the same way you feel about Low. It's a good record, but I find it often overrated.

Put me in the adamant Hunky Dory lovers camp. I'd put it above everything but this lil fella:

Ziggy.jpg

But more bad than good, at this point. Kind of depressing to look at the complete discography, these days. Also, I would agree that Hunky Dory is often overrated. I just think it's a lot less overrated than Low.

Good thing Gorillaz reminded me how much I like Little Dragon. I recommend Machine Dreams to each and every one of ya.

oh, i forgot to mention.

i bought Aja on vinyl today :drool: :hyper: can't wait to listen to it.

came very close to also buying a four-side Radiohead live record, and Priest Driven Ambulance and Hear it is too..

:ohmy:

(For the record, he just told me this three times on the phone and I completely zoned it out, and then read it in this thread and got excited. The world we live in...)

You won't believe anything unless Pitchfork tells it to you. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom