Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one time I drunk-posted here I felt the urge to say that Crowded House is boring. I still stand by that.

Agreed on INXS. Nothing essential, but they have a few good tracks.

The one time I drunk-posted here I felt the urge to say that Crowded House is boring. I still stand by that.

They're definitely not a very exciting band. Just very good pop songwriters. I think INXS, on the other hand, coasted by primarily on style.

I just noticed that my status defaulted to an interference status. Fuck me.

You just went over 32,000 so that must have something to do with it.

I totally failed to notice I went over 15,000 posts not too long ago.

Also, how does Axver have the most posts when Carek seems to carpet bomb Out Of Control practically every hour?

Nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea. Plus, I like insulting Albino Train Enthusiast whenever possible.

I love Crowded House; they write fantastic choruses. Together Alone is one of my favorite Aussie records.

INXS has always struck me as dated and mediocre. :shrug: Not my thing, probably never will be, unless a hole gets torn in the space-time continuum and I wind up being reborn as a stereotypical leg warmer-wearing Valley Girl with a propensity for crushes on men with bizarre sexual fetishes.

Teen Dream is beautiful, gang. It comes out Tuesday. Have a listen here. Just try it. You'll fall in love like I did.

I love it when the radio completes an epic transition. I was out walking, listening to So Haunted by Cut Copy on my phone, and decided to switch over to the radio to see if a few surprises would pop up before I went inside. Shockingly enough, it was about 30 seconds into One More Time by Daft Punk. I realize that's one of the biggest hits of the past decade boasting indie cred, but it's probably the most indietastic thing I've ever heard in this town.

Then it proceeded to play According To You by Orianthi which, while not the worst Since U Been Gone cover on radio (those are all sung by Katy Perry), isn't Since U Been Gone. So off it went.

I was just about to donate money during that telethon until Queen Cockplay appeared onscreen.

Sorry, Haiti.

I used the mute button.

It was one of the very few performance from that thing I actually thought sounded good.

:shh:

Teen Dream is beautiful, gang. It comes out Tuesday. Have a listen here. Just try it. You'll fall in love like I did.

I heard a song from this on the radio last week, and loved it. I didn't buy their last album, but I'll probably get this one.

I thought Coldplay was pretty good - their song was one of the very few upbeat ones, too. Relatively upbeat, anyway.

I heard a song from this on the radio last week, and loved it. I didn't buy their last album, but I'll probably get this one.

I've never heard their debut, but Devotion is a nice album. I'm obsessing over Teen Dream though. Sublime stuff. I can't say enough about it.

I heard Bat For Lashes, Fleet Foxes and Morrissey at the grocery store the other day

I really like the new Spoon album.

Also, I am amazed by how much I love the new Hot Chip on first listen. The first album didn't do much for me, and it took a long time to warm up to it.

Yeah, that was their third. The Warning (their second), is generally considered the fav among most fannies (myself included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom