Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PFan, maybe one day you'll make some friends with taste in music/a sense of adventure, and it will dawn on you all that it's possible to get in your car and make crazy long road trips to things like Coachella for not a lot of $$$.

PFan, maybe one day you'll make some friends with taste in music/a sense of adventure, and it will dawn on you all that it's possible to get in your car and make crazy long road trips to things like Coachella for not a lot of $$$.
I have neither friends with musical taste nor a car. I'm 0-2.

800px-Donkey-bar.jpg

I know you don't think highly of the chosen people, but "soulless" is a little harsh.

James Mercer said:
"I was getting a little bit exhausted over having so much responsibility over the success of the records and everything, so I wanted to collaborate and see what it was like to work with somebody on an equal footing."

You know instead of all those wastes that he plays with in The Shins. Ouch.

Well, he does write everything, and kicked 2 of the 3 other members of the band out a while back. What's the problem?

It's not like he said anything bad about them or mentioned the domestic abuse incident, he's just saying what anyone who followed them closely likely knew. He has always written (and even recorded early on) all the songs. He writes the lyrics, music, and chooses the direction of the albums and sound. James Mercer IS The Shins.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy about the lineup change. At the end of the day though, it's his baby.

It's not like he said anything bad about them or mentioned the domestic abuse incident, he's just saying what anyone who followed them closely likely knew. He has always written (and even recorded early on) all the songs. He writes the lyrics, music, and chooses the direction of the albums and sound. James Mercer IS The Shins.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy about the lineup change. At the end of the day though, it's his baby.

some times he parks in handicap spaces ...

Good lord. Coachella's lineup is absolutely filthy.

mainPoster.jpg

Damn. I was thinking about heading out to Cali in the spring/summer anyway. This might push my decision, though it does fall in the middle of the semester, which is a downfall, to be sure. Something to ponder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom