Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it one thumb, on account of my violent aversion to cigarillos. One hearty thumb, though.

Tobacco, yuck. Nah, nothing but the ganja enters my lungs. Though, if I'm remembering correctly, you're straight-edge, so that's probably not going to get me another thumb up. :lol:

I'll also give two thumbs up to this.

Ha, I relate to just about all of this, minus one part.

:)

But, yes, the 4am hour combined with that lack of sleep feeling, and a wintry landscape is awfully unique and powerful.

Glad you both can relate (even if it's minus one part, NSW, ha). It is something else, that's for sure, and then adding in the weird feeling of being the only one alive at that time of night, when usually there's constant activity, and it's, like you said, unique.

Good things come to those who wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c4ZNTLeYY

YES!! Mini Hedge on guitar, bass, AND keyboards FTW. I'm pretty impressed how well he did on the solo at the end, especially without having all the effects pedals. A shame that neither him nor Girly Muffin Jr. join in on the chant singing, though. And while Ernie isn't OTT in this one, the quick shot of him at the end delivers.

Also, this was posted a month ago. Cock Force needs to be a little more on top of things.

I swear I looked recently and there wasn't anything new. This is making my day. He's so self-important. I love it. Bonernie 4eva. The "baseline, baseline" intro is hilarious. I too am disappointed Mini Hedge didn't join in on backing vocals since his William Hung-esque pipes would have been a delightful addition.

Also, this is the equivalent of a Mini Hedge + Bonernie video ending with a money shot. That shot at the end... Christ.

Just discovered Jay-Z/Danger Mouse The Grey Album. Very, very interesting stuff.

Watch this video. If you don't like hip-hop after seeing these two masters of their craft, I don't know what to say. If you're gonna watch one song, watch "Somalia" by K'naan, it's about 10 minutes into the episode. Fucking crushing and beautiful. And, of course, Mos Def always brings it live.

K'Naan / Mos Def (Full Episode) | Austin City Limits | PBS Video

Despite messaging you about it last week, I was visiting my parents and missed the episode, so thanks for posting. I will watch later.

Also, EITS rules at night and in the snow. Smoking iz teh badz tho. I git hi on lief.

Just discovered Jay-Z/Danger Mouse The Grey Album. Very, very interesting stuff.

Yes. One of my top albums of the decade. Danger Mouse is up there in my top producers as well.

Despite messaging you about it last week, I was visiting my parents and missed the episode, so thanks for posting. I will watch later.

Also, EITS rules at night and in the snow. Smoking iz teh badz tho. I git hi on lief.

You do that. Apparently, Minneapolis is, literally, behind the times and our PBS station shows ACL episodes a week after they're supposed to premiere. So, I'll be watching it again next week. In HD. Fuck yeah.

Let's be honest, EITS rules anytime and in any weather condition. Normally, that would be true; however, I am the exception to that rule. Long story. I get high on life too. As well as kief. :wink:

Hey thanks for putting me in the thread title, peef. I feel special.

I don't...I don't even know what to say about this. I can't decide whether Ernie should be dragged out into the street and shot or given the Nobel prize for comedy. That guy is fucking ridiculous.

Agreed that Mini Edge did pretty well with the solo. I haven't listened to that song in so long and kinda forgot about the solo. Easily the highlight of the song, for me.

There really aren't many highlights to speak of in Unknown Caller. I think the song coasts on the vibe built up from the previous three songs, which delays my acknowledging how mediocre the song is by a couple of minutes.

Great video, but Bonernie's solo WOWY is one of the more masturbatory/hysterically funny things I've ever seen someone willingly record themselves doing. That's the peak.

Yeah, if the vocalist in your U2 cover is even more embarrassing to watch than Boner himself, you may want to rethink the video.

I didn't like UC until seeing it live, now I love it. :shrug:

hands.jpg

Friday, April 16th
Aeroplane
Alana Grace
As Tall As Lions
Baroness
Benny Benassi
Calle 13
Deadmau5
Deer Tick
DJ Lance Rock
Echo & the Bunnymen
Erol Alkan
Fever Ray
Grace Jones
Grizzly Bear
Hockey
Iglu & Hartly
Jay-Z
Jets Overhead
Kate Miller-Heidke
La Roux
LCD Soundsystem
Little Dragon
Lucero
Pablo Hassan
Passion Pit
P.O.S.
Proxy
Public Image Limited
Ra Ra Riot
She & Him
Sleigh Bells
The Avett Brothers
The Cribs
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Specials
The Whitest Boy Alive
Them Crooked Vultures
Vampire Weekend
Wale
White Rabbits
Wolfgang Gartner
Yeasayer
Saturday, April 17th
2 many DJ’s
Aterciopalados
Band of Skulls
Bassnectar
Beach House
Camera Obscura
Coheed and Cambria
Corinne Bailey Rae
Craze
David Guetta
DEVO
Dirty Projectors
Dirty South
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Faith No More
Flying Lotus
Frank Turner
Frightened Rabbit
GIRLS
Gossip
Hot Chip
John Waters
Kaskade
Klever
Les Claypool
Major Lazer
Mew
MGMT
Muse
Old Crow Medicine Show
Porcupine Tree
Portugal. The Man
Pretty Lights
RX Bandits
Shooter Jennings
Sia
Steel Train
The Almighty Defenders
The Dead Weather
The Raveonettes
The Temper Trap
The xx
Tiësto
Tokyo Police Club
Z-Trip
Zoé
Sunday, April 18th
B.o.B.
Babasónicos
Céu
Charlotte Gainsbourg
Club 75
De La Soul
Deerhunter
Delphic
Florence & The Machine
Gary Numan
Gil Scott-Heron
Gorillaz
Hadouken!
Infected Mushroom
Julian Casablancas
Kevin Devine
King Khan & the Shrines
Little Boots
Local Natives
Matt & Kim
Mayer Hawthorne
Miike Snow
MUTEMATH
One eskimO
Orbital
Owen Pallett
PAPARAZZI
Pavement
Phoenix
Plastikman
Rusko
Sly & The Family Stone
Spoon
Sunny Day Real Estate
Talvin Singh
The Big Pink
The Glitch Mob
The Middle East
The Soft Pack
Thom Yorke
Yann Tiersen
Yo La Tengo

This makes me disappointed that there are no good festivals up this way.

My days would shake out like so:

Friday
Hova
LCD Soundsystem
Them Crooked Vultures (a lot better live than on record)
Vampire Weekend (just for the hell of it)
THE GRIZ!
Passion Pit Wait, they suck live.
Fever Ray
She & Him (Zooey!)
Avett Bros.
Yeasayer
Deer Tick
White Rabbits

Saturday
The Dead Weather
Hot Chip
Dirty P's
The xx
Frightened Rabbit
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
Girls
Beach House

Sunday
Gorillaz
Pavement
Thom Yorke
Phoenix
Spoon
Charlotte Gainsbourg
Yo La Tengo
Deerhunter
Matt & Kim
Little Boots
Owen Pallett

I have to go.

Hopefully this means the LCD record is further along than we thought.

Gorillaz listed above Pavement?

LOL.

Fuck Coachella. There's nothing here that's very mind-blowing. And Muse as a headliner just doesn't do it for me.

I'm going to disagree. Any festival that has Girls and Beach House on a bottom line is pretty fucking deep.

How's that Gorillaz performance going to go, anyway? Back to the old massive band playing the songs or with the holograms again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom