Interference Random Music Thread Part VIII: Revenge of the Buttmeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I love Turn The Dark Off (a title which Boner and Hedge appear to have "borrowed" for the Spider-Man musical).

That DJ Red Alert mix of Take Your Partner By The Hand on Robbie Robertson's album is pretty kick ass, too.

It's a good record. No joke. I just get a huge kick out of the retarded-as-shit song titles. "Baby Sweetcorn (Come Here)," "Angels Go Bald: Too," "Who's Got the Bacon?"...and of course "Butt Meat/Buttmeat." Fucking brilliant.

Have you heard Snatch? It's generally held in higher esteem, but I don't think it's anything special. Thoughts?

Holy fuck....if you did not say his name I'd never remember this, but:

We used listen to DJ Red Alert's show on KISS back in the day, either Friday or Saturday nights, I forget which...probably Friday......we used to play stickball or basketball all afternoon, get pizza for dinner, play some indoor hoops at night, then listen to his show before going to sleep. Wow.

I really want people to notice The Hidden Cameras, so I will give it one more quick try. Here's a post I wrote, last week:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6347339&postcount=717

That's for context, and so that I don't have to repeat myself ad infinitum. Here are a few more videos. Again, this is oft sexually explicit gay church music, so bigots consider yourselves warned. Everyone else, let me know what you think of the videos from that other post, these, or anything else. The first is a new song, and I encourage you not to get lost in hating on the sillier aspects of the performance. The song itself is magnificent, damn it!

YouTube - The Hidden Cameras - He Falls To Me

YouTube - Hidden Cameras - Ban Marriage

This last song, "Golden Streams," starts at about 2:55. It is a classic of the modern age:

YouTube - 'Golden Streams' by The Hidden Cameras on QTV

Off topic (in Random Music Talk, heh): Isn't Anything makes me appreciate Loveless even more, though I have no desire to hear it ever again.

You know, I could probably do this stupid spicy ramen noodle challenge on Man vs. Food with ease.

And speaking of things that are hot, Impy-craigslist-missed-connection St. Vinny is on the much maligned Kimmel in about a half hour. Plan accordingly.

Off topic (in Random Music Talk, heh): Isn't Anything makes me appreciate Loveless even more, though I have no desire to hear it ever again.

Some chick working at the counter at Amoeba Records was telling me how she preferred Isn't Anything to Loveless when I was buying a used copy of the latter, and I just thought to myself, "Shut the fuck up, you contrarian indie snob".

Some chick working at the counter at Amoeba Records was telling me how she preferred Isn't Anything to Loveless when I was buying a used copy of the latter, and I just thought to myself, "Shut the fuck up, you contrarian indie snob".

I like when indie snobs like yourself duke it out with the breakaway contrarian indie snobs.

Isn't Anything fucking sucks. You should've punched her in the face.

Isn't Anything fucking sucks. You should've punched her in the face.

That idea is wholly justified. The album does fucking suck. Well, it sounds like a demo version of Loveless anyway. No atmosphere, unformed tunes, just eh. I have an affinity for the tremolo bar, but for God's sake, write some tunes.

I'm on a shoegaze kick today. Proto-shoegaze with Cocteau Twins' Treasure and now Slowdive's Souvlaki. Both gorgeous.

You demonstrate zen-like self control.

How about asking for her number anyway and then fucking her out of spite?

Not that I did/could do/condone that.

A low moment in my life, or a highlight, depending on how you look at it.

Many years ago, when working at FSN in LA, a coworker who is also a close friend was dating some girl. This friend was a pretty attractive guy, and had some game, so he dated a lot of cute girls. This girl, though, actually dumped him after 2 dates.

So, me and a third coworker made him call this girl, say to her that he understood why she did not want to date him, but could he still sleep with her, since she was hot. Her reply was stunned silence....then a low "excuse me".....more silence....friend repeats offer, but while stuttering now, other friend and I start to slink out of the room....woman says "you're a fucking pig".....cut.

A low moment in my life, or a highlight, depending on how you look at it.

Many years ago, when working at FSN in LA, a coworker who is also a close friend was dating some girl. This friend was a pretty attractive guy, and had some game, so he dated a lot of cute girls. This girl, though, actually dumped him after 2 dates.

So, me and a third coworker made him call this girl, say to her that he understood why she did not want to date him, but could he still sleep with her, since she was hot. Her reply was stunned silence....then a low "excuse me".....more silence....friend repeats offer, but while stuttering now, other friend and I start to slink out of the room....woman says "you're a fucking pig".....cut.

I have a friend who does similar things on a regular basis... only strangely he succeeds. He's a man with absolutely no moral framework to speak of... oh, the stories of his exploits...

I have a friend who does similar things on a regular basis... only strangely he succeeds. He's a man with absolutely no moral framework to speak of... oh, the stories of his exploits...

Yeah, my friend did have some measure of moral standards. Sometimes. He's married with 2 kids now, so the stories seem even more outrageous now.

I'll bet HE would have boned the woman at the funeral.

The first of our two cases of Shouter completely dropping the ball, so to speak.

But he has a girlfriend, so it was the right thing to do. Being the homewrecker to four girls in four years has made me hate cheating, oddly enough.

In all of our varied discussion tonight, I forgot about St. Vinny on Kimmel. So I just sat down and watched it.

She did "Marrow" again. And "Actor Out of Work." Hot, hot shit. She looked as gorgeous as always and flashed that perfect smile that melted my heart. SWOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom