Interference Random Music Thread Part VIII: Revenge of the Buttmeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bands that I'm into more than U2 right now:

1. Wilco
2. The National
3. Radiohead
4. Spoon
5. BSS
6. Arcade Fire

I think that's it. At this moment in time these bands bring more me excitement/joy/emotion than U2. Anyone else?

I really like five of those bands, but none bring me more emotion. Not even close. In fact, I only see two bands on that list that bring me emotion at all. They bring other great things to the table, though.

The only band that ever brought me emotion close to U2's is REM.

Since NLOTH came out and it kind of sucked, I didn't listen to or care about U2 for months. Every other band I'm into brought me more excitement/joy/emotion than U2.

The concert on Sunday rekindled a bit of the U2 love for me.

I really like five of those bands, but none bring me more emotion. Not even close. In fact, I only see two bands on that list that bring me emotion at all. They bring other great things to the table, though.

The only band that ever brought me emotion close to U2's is REM.

Which of the 6 don't you like? I would like to argue for hours about how my opinion is better than yours. Scientifically.

I'm not a big Spoon fan. Saw them at Lolla 2 years ago and they were boring as fuck. Granted, huge outdoor venues like that are not ideal for certain bands. Though, last year at Lolla, Broken Social Scene knocked it out of the park, and the National were strong as well.

Most artists I'm listening to right now hold a higher place in my heart than U2. But, at the same time, U2 were the band I turned to for years, and for that, they'll always have a special spot.

While I like the live versions of In God's Country a lot, I really love the studio version - it just ... I don't know ... shimmers and is 2 minutes and 57 seconds of perfection.

Yeah...the reason I have a lot of these on my list is that they sound so crystalline that even an energetic live performance doesn't match it.

Which is why I have so much AB on there; I just love the way the album was produced and there's so many layers of sound, which you always lose in a live version. Even on something as fiery as the live version of Until the End of the Match, I miss the little things like the part with the hand drums at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom