Interference Random Music Thread Part VIII: Revenge of the Buttmeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Neil Young. I just got tickets to tomorrow night's Autolux show and Tuesday's The Pains of Being Pure at Heart gig. Hoody hoo.

Ran into a former conquest tonight who asked me to call her soon. Which is great since I have a girlfriend now.

Made fun of some kid for playing Goo Goo Dolls on his guitar.

Solid, low-key night.

"Slide." It was ridiculous. There are several apartments in West Campus with nice rooftop decks where folks go to just have some drinks and enjoy everyone's company. A group of friends and I go up to one tonight where there is another group up there playing shit on a Bose Sounddeck or some shit. "Slide" comes on and the kid goes "I can play this on guitar." Fifteen minutes later, there it is.

It was hilarious. He was heckled. Then he stopped.

In news related to the other group's stupid playlist, "Smoke Two Joints" by Sublime is my least favorite song of all time.

No, I don't practice Santeria. The only reason you're famous is because your lead singer is dead, Sublime.

Are Sublime the quintessential bro band? Dave Matthews Band has to be up there, but they don't really come close in my estimation. It's Sublime in a landslide.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time thinking of who tops Sublime.

Question, what the fuck does "Tap Out" mean? And why is it on the back of every pick-up truck in town?

It's the same in HS, grad school, your first job, your last job, etc. Douche bags abound.

I don't disagree. But I feel it's most concentrated in college settings. I never met a single solitary dude all throughout HS who even approached the tamest of douche-bags I've met here at college.

Tap Out is bro-y MMA garb. MMA being one of the worst things on the planet, Tap Out easily qualifies as "the worst." I have a photo on my camera roll in my phone with a Tap Out decal on the back of a mini-van. High comedy.

Tap Out, Afflicition, and Ed Hardy apparel are all tell tale signs of the modern bro/douche. Anyone wearing any of these probably listens to Sublime.

I don't disagree. But I feel it's most concentrated in college settings. I never met a single solitary dude all throughout HS who even approached the tamest of douche-bags I've met here at college.

Count your blessings. It's even worse when you go to a school the size of mine. Wikipedia on your undergrads: 6,001. Mine? 37,389.

Don't get me wrong. I love the University of Texas. Everything about it. It's going to be a part of my life forever and I am so, so proud of that fact. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. But a lot of my Longhorn brethren are complete pieces of shit.

I was listening to Sublime when I lived in Boston, before the corresponding culture became so apparent. Nowell was a great singer and a talented songwriter. Not sure if it's exactly fair to lump it in with Cock Bon Blow Me and Nicklecock.

Although he does lose points for ripping off the verse melody from Lady Madonna in What I Got.

Count your blessings. It's even worse when you go to a school the size of mine. Wikipedia on your undergrads: 6,001. Mine? 37,389.

If anything that makes the sheer concentration of pure douche bags here all the more potent.

42,350 was the enrollment at the U of I my senior year.

Fuck.

The amount of Sublime stickers on bicycles was severely overwhelming.

Still, it's a better institution than any of the places any of you fuckers are going to/have been to.

When you've got cajones the size of Bonernie's, those high notes are all but impossible to hit.

It really wouldn't be as great if he didn't look into the camera so often. It's as if he's penetrating my soul like so many guitar playing young boys.

Doesn't he know it's more powerful when you LOOK DOWN??

bono-with-or-without-you-video.jpg

So that's why he doesn't own any shirts with sleeves. Apparently he's stuck in 1987.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom