Interference Random Music Thread Part VII: Hot Rice? I prefer the Shaved Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really random question, so I guess it is appropriate that I come here.

I've read how Bon Iver's "For Emma" album was recorded somewhere remote in Wisconsin. As a Wisconsinite, I'm curious, but don't know if it's public knowledge - does anywhere know where in Wisconsin it might have been?

I mean, "remote Wisconsin" can be about 23,263 places.

I have a really random question, so I guess it is appropriate that I come here.

I've read how Bon Iver's "For Emma" album was recorded somewhere remote in Wisconsin. As a Wisconsinite, I'm curious, but don't know if it's public knowledge - does anywhere know where in Wisconsin it might have been?

I mean, "remote Wisconsin" can be about 23,263 places.

Just some nondescript cabin in some nondescript wood is all I've ever heard of it.

I golf. I love it. I suck at it. Easily the worst I am at any sport.

Same here. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it though. Although if I could improve just about anything I do in this life, it'd be my golf game.

Just some nondescript cabin in some nondescript wood is all I've ever heard of it.

Drat. I was hoping it would be some town/lake/area that I could say "Hey, I know where that is!" and feel all awesome about it.

Oh well.

Same here. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it though. Although if I could improve just about anything I do in this life, it'd be my golf game.

Few things are more fun, at least for me, than heading out after work with three buddies and getting in 9 holes before it gets dark. It amazes me how bad I am at the game, though. Still, yes, enjoy it thoroughly. I'd golf with Bon Iver.

Uhhhhh, Gaffer?

12 SEP: UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN, IL - KRANNERT CENTER

THE NASH!

THE NASH! are worth skipping those for. And that's coming from one of the sport's biggest fans here.

Oh yeah, so will he. Nevarmind. Well, they're also worth skipping Shuttlecock for.

Here's a problem: not being able to find the cap for your spitter.

Few things are more fun, at least for me, than heading out after work with three buddies and getting in 9 holes before it gets dark. It amazes me how bad I am at the game, though. Still, yes, enjoy it thoroughly. I'd golf with Bon Iver.

Do you have a handicap or do you not play frequently enough?

Uhhhh I've brought it up before.

Just because I'm not any good at it doesn't mean I don't do it.

I know you have, I just can't imagine you golfing. I googled "hipster golfing" and there aren't even images available of it.

My father enjoys golf and has a knack for it. I am good off the tee, decent on the green, and horrid with the iron.

I wish I could help you there, Tex, but it's just not a problem we share.

What manner of man are you?

I know you have, I just can't imagine you golfing. I googled "hipster golfing" and there aren't even images available of it.

Well, I couldn't imagine any woman would be eager to perform fellatio for three dollars, but then one day you walk into Goodwill and there is Lance's Mom. Strange things happen in the world.

That's almost as bad as the guy who's messy with pinches and gets it all over your car.

I've known too many of that guy. I hate that guy.

They need to play at PSU. Make this happen, otherwise you're a phony namedropping Texan and nothing more.

Just because they enjoy catching a beer with me when they're in town doesn't mean I can tell them where to tour.

Uhhhhh, Gaffer?

12 SEP: UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN, IL - KRANNERT CENTER

THE NASH!

Yeah, believe it or not, I'm actually going to have a ticket for this. One of my buddies who works for the football team down there (he's pretty much a water boy...sometimes does laundry) is buying two tickets, one for me. I told him "I might be going to the U2 show that night."

I'm without a doubt going to the U2 show on the next night, the 13th. I've been wavering back and forth on whether or not to go to the 12th. Seeing THE NASH! on my old campus stomping grounds is quite the temptation. We'll see.

One of the issues is that I would have to drive down on Saturday to Champaign for THE NASH! And I would obviously have to get very messy that night. Gotta try and go drink for drink with Berninger. So I would have to stay overnight in Champaign, which isn't a problem, but then I'd have to drive back up North in my physical state and get mentally prepared for seeing Bono and the gang.

Now that I type it out, it's not that big of an issue and can be easily accomplished. I've got a hundred in twenties and a ton of great ideas.

Wow...at Krannert? That's going to be a scene to end all scenes.

Ha, what do you mean by that? I know a fancy modern art museum is not the first place you'd think of for a rock concert, but I've seen a couple decent little shows there. Just not sure what you mean by "the scene to end all scenes."

Please explain to a layperson like me.

The place is a dungeon, and seems a bit small for a National show. Plus, it's fully seated. That's shit. I saw Low there, yeah...but that's Low. Standing at a Low show is almost impossible; really, you're supposed to nap, I think. The National just doesn't seem right, man...

Gotcha. It's a good-looking dungeon, though.

Pop Quiz:

What's the greatest song ever written about Dave Coulier?

2dave_coulier.jpg

I get it, man. I can see why she liked him.

What's the greatest song ever written about Kimmy Gibbler?

The cover of "Sleep All Summer" by THE NASH! and Annie is my favorite song of the year. Surprise, surprise, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom