Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
01 Death Cab for Cutie: "Meet Me on the Equinox"
02 Band of Skulls: "Friends"
03 Thom Yorke: "Hearing Damage"
04 Lykke Li: "Possibility"
05 The Killers: "A White Demon Love Song"
06 Anya Marina: "Satellite Heart"
07 Muse: "I Belong to You (New Moon Remix)"
08 Bon Iver and St. Vincent: "Rosyln"
09 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: "Done All Wrong"
10 Hurricane Bells: "Monsters"
11 Sea Wolf: "The Violet Hour"
12 OK Go: "Shooting the Moon"
13 Grizzly Bear: "Slow Life"
14 Editors: "No Sound But the Wind"
15 Alexandre Desplat: "New Moon (The Meadow)"

G-d damn you, TWYLYTE.

It will probably get at least a few kids exposed to some cool music that they wouldn't have heard otherwise. Yeah, that's how I'm gonna spin it.

Well, "15 Step" was in the first movie, so they've had their Thommy dose. I made a playlist that included it for a party I threw one time and had to hear all about how it was in TWYLYTE.

In theory it's fine, but I know way too many morons who are going to start telling me "OMG you were right about the Grizzly Bears all along" or something to that effect. I didn't like having I&W brought up in conversations and having someone say "'I LOVE Flightless Bird, American Mouth,'" for instance. So now if I wind up telling my Annie Clark story, it'll be folks saying "she was on the TWYLYTE SOUNDTRACKKKK." Not good.

I'm all for artists I love making money, so I don't fault them at all. I want them to be successful. There's no doubt I'm definitely blowing it out of proportion, but the whole thing is just going to be weird for me.

I remember playing the riff to Talk Show Host on some dude's guitar when I was in college, and some random girl who was there screamed, "That song was on Romeo and Juliet!!!!!1!"

You know who's a cool band on that soundtrack that I don't remember being talked about much on this site? Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

I'm bouts to do a search and see if there's a BRMC thread somewhere.

And if there is, I'm gonna bump it. Bump it up to Page One!!

Well, "15 Step" was in the first movie, so they've had their Thommy dose. I made a playlist that included it for a party I threw one time and had to hear all about how it was in TWYLYTE.

In theory it's fine, but I know way too many morons who are going to start telling me "OMG you were right about the Grizzly Bears all along" or something to that effect. I didn't like having I&W brought up in conversations and having someone say "'I LOVE Flightless Bird, American Mouth,'" for instance. So now if I wind up telling my Annie Clark story, it'll be folks saying "she was on the TWYLYTE SOUNDTRACKKKK." Not good.

I'm all for artists I love making money, so I don't fault them at all. I want them to be successful. There's no doubt I'm definitely blowing it out of proportion, but the whole thing is just going to be weird for me.

I remember playing the riff to Talk Show Host on some dude's guitar when I was in college, and some random girl who was there screamed, "That song was on Romeo and Juliet!!!!!1!"

Yeah, that would get old fast.

Ha, there are something like 6 different BRMC threads. The most recent one, I actually posted in 4 times. So much for my memory.

The one time I've saw them live was possibly one of the most rocking concerts I've attended. They killed, it was great. I know IWB has seen them numerous times because of how great she thought they were live as well. I think you attended a clunker.

Ha, there are something like 6 different BRMC threads. The most recent one, I actually posted in 4 times. So much for my memory.

I believe I started that one. And The Effects Of 333 is a terrible album in all accounts except for a soundtrack to a Halloween party. Their new one should be out next year though.

Definitely, definitely agree here.

HOLY SHIT.

If these reports are correct, Shuttlecock
Opened with Magnificock??

I can live with that.

Hopefully the other song makes an appearance later.

I'm gonna post this in many threads and my blog, cos it's a big deal to me and all:

Today was my last day at work. 2.5 years at the BTN, 14 years in the cable TV business.

Big and exciting things ahead, but an emotional day for me. We had a going away party and it all felt so surreal. It was bittersweet, to say the least.

That is all.

I'm gonna post this in many threads and my blog, cos it's a big deal to me and all:

Today was my last day at work. 2.5 years at the BTN, 14 years in the cable TV business.

Big and exciting things ahead, but an emotional day for me. We had a going away party and it all felt so surreal. It was bittersweet, to say the least.

That is all.

spam%20boy.jpg

Congratulations on the end of your tenure and the beginning of your next venture.

Not to steal No Broken Serves' thunder or anything, but I could use a bit of insight.

My jaw has hurt for about three days, and as of the last hour, I'm barely able to open my mouth. I also have an exam in 12 hours.

So uh, ER. Should I go to it?

I'm actually beginning to be able to open it a bit, albeit extremely slow. I may ride it out until tomorrow unless things get worse tonight. Appreciate the concern though.

Back
Top Bottom