Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, despite getting a fantastic Chimes of Freedom, I definitely picked the worst of the three nights in terms of setlists.

Instead of the Love & Theft trilogy we got...three Modern Times songs, and not any of my favorites. The selections from Together Through Life (If You Ever Go to Houston, Hell is My Wife's Hometown, Jolene) were good, but not my favorites. I would have killed to hear It's All Good or I Feel A Change Comin' On (which WAS played on a previous night).

Highway 61's title track is my least favorite song on that album, so I wasn't too excited about that. Ballad of a Thin Man killed, but we would have got that anyway because it was played all three nights.

Tweedledee & Tweedledum showed up again, very cool, and This Dream of You was a nice surprise. I don't love Not Dark Yet as much as some other people, but I really liked it a lot tonight.

As with the first night, he opened with Gonna Change My Way of Thinking (which I'd never heard live), and Most Likely You'll Go Your Way showed up again, which had a nice shuffle.

George Thorogood was a surprisingly great opener. The man is a demon on guitar.

Sorry to hear all that, but hopefully it was still a good show.

For what it's worth, here's the set from my first and only time Hangin' With Mr. Cooper Zimmerman:

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
It Ain't Me, Babe
Watching The River Flow
Spirit On The Water
The Levee's Gonna Break
Tangled Up In Blue
Things Have Changed
Workingman's Blues #2
Highway 61 Revisited
Nettie Moore
Summer Days
Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thunder On The Mountain
Like A Rolling Stone
I Shall Be Released

I might have punched a small child to get "Johanna," it being a top five all-time song for me.

Yeah, can't complain about any show that has "Tangled Up in Blue." Good lord.

That's a good set, albeit a typical one. Summer Days always kicks ass, and Spirit and Workingman's Blues are my two favs from Modern Times. Plus, It Ain't Me Babe, in any form = WIN.

I forgot to mention that he seemed to be in a really good mood tonight. A lot of smiling, and since he's not playing the guitar as much (only on two songs), he was doing a lot of funny gestures while singing. THE ZIMM!

I was thinking the same thing.

BUT WE'RE ALL GUILTY.

Good Shuttlecock news though:
Unknown Server returns!!

Of course Oklahoma also had to sit through
5 songs from Courtside. So, you know, trade-off.

Well, it was nice of them to play so many songs for the Okies tonight. They need some love after having to endure the Trail of Tears from Dallas for the show.

We're all guilty? I was out of town.

Now I'll never leave again.

Really strong show tonight. Man does putting that stage smack dab in the middle of the stadium really shrink the whole place down. Felt surprisingly intimate. :up:

We did get 5 ATYCLB songs, but at least they threw in Mysterious Plays and Until the End Of the Serve? Court? Cock? Match to give us some more 90s love.

And fuck me if I didn't think WOWY sounded better tonight than any other time I'd heard it live. Not that that's really saying much since the Vertigo and Elevation performances were pretty poor...

Back
Top Bottom