Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all you illegal downloading pieces of trash, is that Girls album good or overrated Pitchfork poppycock?

Alright, between It's Blitz!, her performance at Lolla, and this fucking incredibly fun Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack, Karen O is a strong candidate for Best Human of 2009.

For all you illegal downloading pieces of trash, is that Girls album good or overrated Pitchfork poppycock?

Deputy Thom Schrempf is a fan, as I recall.

Indeed I am. But I was listening to it well before any reviews came out, including P4K's 9.1. So considering the scores it's getting, it might be a little overrated. But it's pretty solid overall and there is a lot to like there. Plan on picking it up tonight when I go get the Wild Things soundtrack.

The ACL autograph tent schedule is out, but only one there caught my eye and fit in my schedule: LES PHEEN! So I'll be getting my Wolfgang LP signed, and you guys know how much I like my signed rekkids.

Figured you would have gone more the thief route with that one.

No, I don't judge you harshly, as I know you buy a large amount of material. My musket on the other hand knows no leniency.

Imperor, r u gonnas pik up teh new Paramore too?!?!1?/!

So that fancy new version of ye ole Arcade Fire from the trailer is not on the soundtrack?

infinite sadness

GAF, I already overhyped it enough for the both of us:

In other music news, I'm in love. Absolute love. Karen O's Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack is spectacular. And it's getting a vinyl release Tuesday. Hoo boy, I'm pleased.

She composed the entire thing. It comes out in general Tuesday, I was just especially excited to see that it's getting a vinyl release. I can't get enough of the girl's voice. And if you like some of the quieter, sweeter YYY moments (which are my favorite), you'll dig it. It makes me feel like a kid. So much joy in it. And now I'm even more excited about the film.

And I have no clue what Paramore is.

NSW is in the Bay Area.

NSW and his girlfriend will be eating Chinese Food shortly. NSW had gone without Chinese for over a week. That's some sort of record for me. I managed to eat Chinese food in Florence.

NSW thinks he is very tired and imagined the Dylan/Xmas post and subsequent noises he heard once he clicked play.

NSW likes how Keith Moon plays the drums on "The Real Me".

NSW is in the Bay Area.

NSW and his girlfriend will be eating Chinese Food shortly. NSW had gone without Chinese for over a week. That's some sort of record for me. I managed to eat Chinese food in Florence.

NSW thinks he is very tired and imagined the Dylan/Xmas post and subsequent noises he heard once he clicked play.

NSW likes how Keith Moon plays the drums on "The Real Me".

Can you see the real me, NSW? Can you?

Alright, so in addition to that Girls LP and the Wild Things soundtrack, I found this used for $5.

My heart is warmed. Every cockle.

And the Dylan Christmas album sounds awesome.

Alright, so about 2 minutes into the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack, I'm already in love with it. Damn, like you said, there's so much joy! :up:

Also, NSW, the R.E.M. film was phenomenal. I enjoy Vincent Moon's style a lot, so it was great for me, though if you don't, you might be less enthused than I am. The best word I can think of to describe it is: jarring. And, in addition to it being a fantastic movie, Vincent Moon's a very nice, eloquent guy. No, Impy, I didn't ask him why A Skin, A Night sucked. I still haven't seen it, so I have no idea how bad it is, I guess.

Because it might be good.

I'm sold!

Alright, so about 2 minutes into the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack, I'm already in love with it. Damn, like you said, there's so much joy! :up:

Knew you'd like it. I don't have much in the way of soundtracks with entirely original music by one artist (Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid and Christmas On Mars come to mind), so it's already near the top for me in that department. And it'll probably crack this year's top albums list.

Also, NSW, the R.E.M. film was phenomenal. I enjoy Vincent Moon's style a lot, so it was great for me, though if you don't, you might be less enthused than I am. The best word I can think of to describe it is: jarring. And, in addition to it being a fantastic movie, Vincent Moon's a very nice, eloquent guy. No, Impy, I didn't ask him why A Skin, A Night sucked. I still haven't seen it, so I have no idea how bad it is, I guess.

Glad you enjoyed it. Moon's style on the Take Away Shows is awesome, but A Skin, A Night just wasn't what I was hoping and had a whole hell of a lot of problems. It's hard to make me hate anything about that band, but Moon accomplished just that. There was absolutely zero insight into the recording process, any dialogue was almost incomprehensible, and he fucked up all of the "About Today" performance by dicking around in the hallways on the venue. By all means, still see it though. You're a fan of both parties' work. Maybe you'll get more out of it than Scumbo and I did.

Back
Top Bottom