Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see that. Hadn't thought about it like that.

I need to start working on this playlist.

Odd similarity here, but THE NASH!'s "Fake Empire" reminds me a hell of a lot of "Bad(minton)." Mainly in how it's a slow burn, how epic the drums are in both tracks, and there's even a strange symmetry between the "half awake"/"wide awake" lines. I may be looking too much into it, but it's interesting to note.

Never really thought of it in those terms, but might give them a back to back listen to see what comes up.

Also Regina Spektor's "Us" going into "Fake Empire" is fucking sublime.

Ah, Regina before she became a complete caricature of herself.

I see that. Hadn't thought about it like that.

I need to start working on this playlist.

I sort of threw mine together and it worked out well enough. Keeping a constant favorites of the decade helped.

I've actually got a full-on DI list done that I probably won't submit. I'll leave it up as a blog entry most likely.

Ah, Regina before she became a complete caricature of herself.

Her new album is that bad?

Are you finished with your list or working on it, LMP?

Mine came together in a couple of hours today, and I think it's close to done. There's a few pretty fantastic transitions on it, if I may say so myself. One of my favorites is Dirty Projectors' "Useful Chamber" into BSS' "7/4 (Shoreline)." And, the weirdest one that works well has to be Madvillain's "Shadows of Tomorrow" into Andrew Bird's "Imitosis."

I'll probably knock the rest of mine out tomorrow. All I'll say at this point is that I'm eschewing any obvious song choices.

I don't throw the word "insipid" around very often, but uh... yeahhhhhh.

Easily my biggest disappointment of the year :sigh:

As for DI. Well, God, my list is going to be bad, but I went ahead and went a less serious route...

My list will be the most straightforward and obvious in the competition, and that's saying something. Well, it would if Nam were joining us.

Are you finished with your list or working on it, LMP?

Mine came together in a couple of hours today, and I think it's close to done. There's a few pretty fantastic transitions on it, if I may say so myself. One of my favorites is Dirty Projectors' "Useful Chamber" into BSS' "7/4 (Shoreline)." And, the weirdest one that works well has to be Madvillain's "Shadows of Tomorrow" into Andrew Bird's "Imitosis."

Yeah, I'm done. "7/4 (Shoreline)" is in mine, too. :grumpy:

Well, way to go. Now all that concern over repetition people had is, in fact, an issue. :wink:

It is a fucking fantastic song though, isn't it?

Hearing "Shoreline" twice will make up for any shitty 10+ minute prog metal track that we're forced to hear.

Hell yes. Arguably their most dynamic and ball- and/or uterus-bustingly awesome song to boot.

Yeah, get this DI jibba-jawin' out of our chat thread.

gran_torino3_20090127.jpg

Hearing "Shoreline" twice will make up for any shitty 10+ minute prog metal track that we're forced to hear.

Hell yes. Arguably their most dynamic and ball- and/or uterus-bustingly awesome song to boot.

Oh yeah, Ax is in this one too, isn't he? I guess hearing at least one of those is a given.

I was talking with a friend last night; she mentioned visiting London and walking through some scary park, and said she was lucky because they're "pretty stabby" over there.

I said "oh yeah, they're really into KNIFE CRIME".

Here's the rub. I listened to Cockropa while falling asleep last night. First time in a very, very long time. It's even better than I remember and made me miss liking Shuttlecock.

Here's the rub. I listened to Cockropa while falling asleep last night. First time in a very, very long time. It's even better than I remember and made me miss liking Shuttlecock.

That opening track is still unbelievable to me every time I hear it.

I still maintain that Lemon would have been WAY better had Bono not drudged through the falsetto for almost the entirety. And I'm not a Babyface fan. But it's a good album.

I've never understood why "Crabbyface" wasn't more well received. It's not quite a high point, but it's a really good song.

I can say this about Achtung Birdie, Cockropa, Joshua Cock, and Poppycock. There isn't one song on any of these that I don't love.

the funny thing is other than Babyface, I can say this as well - musically I like it and the lyrics aren't half bad, there is just something about the delivery I guess, I can't really explain it.

I've never understood why "Crabbyface" wasn't more well received. It's not quite a high point, but it's a really good song.

I really don't like the poppy keys being played over it. They kind of grate on me.

I dig em just because I think they go along pretty well with the theme of the song. The guitar tone in the chorus is also ballin'. Underrated song.

Another thought occurred to me while listening to Cockropa: it'd be awesome for "Lancemom" to make an appearance this tour, but it's doubtful Boner can even sing it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom