Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
20070205184917homerpalo.png

I have no idea what we're supposed to do here anymore.

Should we start a thread where we name a band or artist, then you let us know if they are cool or not, so we're aware of where we're allowed to discuss them?

It would really help streamline things.

Thought it best to carry this over, since it's important.

Laz, this query is for you, in case you didn't realize that.

Your statement is 9/10ths accurate. Or, it was, before so many people read it.

I see what you did there.

When you say 9/10, does that mean I also got a Pitchfork 9.0?

I'm pretty worried what they're going to think of my more sophisticated but no less personal second post.

I'm pretty worried what they're going to think of my more sophisticated but no less personal second post.

Universality is the enemy of art.

The Tallest Man On Earth's new album, The Wild Hunt, has become one of my favorites of the year. He rips off early Bob Dylan to an absolutely alarming degree, but, hell, I wish Bob himself would make a couple more albums like Freewheelin'.

YouTube - The Tallest Man On Earth - Thousand Ways

Where does post-cool intersect with post-Kanye? I imagine it as some sort of a Venn diagram.
:lol:

anyone know anything about Gomez? and by Gomez i refer to a band, not the old-enough-for-me Selena Gomez, star of some kid's show i watch though do not know the name of.

i heard a few of their songs on House MD, and enjoyed them quite a bit.

My (British) neighbor in an efficiency apartment (size of a closet, shared bathroom in between two of these closet-sized rooms) was obsessed with Gomez. God damn, that was a trying semester. Dude would leave Gomez CDs for me in the fucking restroom. It was hilarious, sad, and very heartfelt. I wasn't mean enough to tell him just to leave me alone with that shit, so I have diligently and angrily listened to everything that Gomez has released. Or had released, up until 2006. Ugh.

Bring It On isn't awful; I quite like it, actually. There were just so many Britpop albums I listened to that year that it got lost in the shuffle. I think of them as a humorless SFA, based on that one album.

A Selena Gomez reference in the first two pages? This thread gets my seal of approval.

One week until post-legal. One week until a Hottest Chica bombardment.

Two things also worth mentioning:

Tomorrow marks the most important job interview of my young life. Go me.

As much as I talk shit about the guy, the Macca set Scumby got was pretty damn fantastic. I should've seen him at Cowboys Stadium last year after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom