Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVI - Post-Cool Double Rainbow...WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brothers has recently taken over as my #1 album of the year (displacing High Violet). That is all.

The problem is that (and I posted this in the New Music thread in The Place That Shall Remain Nameless) the band shouldn't need to go through that giant monster promo machine for an album, but that doesn't just mean releasing a dinky EP, either. They can just ride the current wave of being in the public eye and put something out a la Cockropa, or for a more modern comparison, In Rainbows. Even if it's minus the digital only/pay whatever model. The point is that Radiohead had very little advance notice and just dropped the shit. Didn't need a music video, all the other advertising bullshit, etc.

So my point is that there is a middle ground the band can (and should) explore. I doubt the band would really agree on an EP anyway.

It's such an old story by now, and there's not much that can be said about it that hasn't already been said, but, god damn that was such an awesome move by Radiohead.

Everyone that follows the band closely (and that's obviously a shit ton of people) knew that an album was imminent. They kept making those cryptic posts over on Dead Air Space. Like "Ed drinking coffee in the studio" or "Here's a picture of Thom playing guitar with his legs crossed." You just knew something was coming. But nobody expected that shit. BOOM! The most highly anticipated piece of music in a long time is out in a few weeks, and you can fucking pay whatever you want for it. Thanks, goodnight.

Fuck, that was cool. And, of course, the music didn't disappoint. At all.

Nah, shoegaze sounds shitty no matter what. That's what happens when you take every instrument and throw it into a sonic vortex.

Yeah, shoegaze might just not be my thing. I haven't explored the genre enough, though. I think I would appreciate a lot of it instrumentally, but they'd lose me with the vocals. Alas.

MySpace at its peak > Facebook

also, my mate fell in love with a stripper last night. he played T-Pain's ode to the very same 37 times today. don't think i'll ever get the song out of my head.

if you make the slightest grammar slip on this forum you get absolutely crucified, you should have known! :lol:

it has driven me insane because now i notice poor grammar constantly I.R.L.

if you make the slightest grammar slip on this forum you get absolutely crucified, you should have known! :lol:

it has driven me insane because now i notice poor grammar constantly I.R.L.

Oh, I've worked with multiple linguists for years now, so I'm always on the lookout for poor grammar. This wasn't even a grammar slip, though, to be fair. It was me being all caught up in what I was saying, because I HATE that people don't go to concerts alone more often, and missing the *not* in "regret not seeing live."

It's okay though, I deserve it. :lol:

Yeah, agreed. It's not fresh at all, IMO -- a few bands a year break through with albums like this, whether it be M83, Pains of Being Pure At Heart, or The Horrors -- but I think Gemini hits the spot. The song you posted is probably the best, although you can't go wrong with first single Summer Holiday.

Chinatown makes all of the songs you mentioned look like shit. Well, maybe not, but it's easily one of my favorite songs this year. The new Wild Nothing and Radio Dept. will be in my top 20 this year, if not top 10. I'll never get tired of this sound.

Why can young hipsters not differentiate between dream pop and shoegaze? :wink:

Chinatown makes all of the songs you mentioned look like shit. Well, maybe not, but it's easily one of my favorite songs this year. The new Wild Nothing and Radio Dept. will be in my top 20 this year, if not top 10. I'll never get tired of this sound.

Why can young hipsters not differentiate between dream pop and shoegaze? :wink:

I'm with you. "Chinatown" and "Live in Dreams" are easily my favorite tracks off of Gemini.

And, that's quite the generalization, don't you think? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom