Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think he's trying to avoid spoilers, you know?

Also, don't you think Shuttlecock would be smart to
lay off the AYCLB material a bit, and play another song or two from The Unforgettable Liar, since the re-issue is coming out? Not including Pride (In The Name of Cock), or course.

I can't believe they've missed out on this opportunity. Hell, even Disappearing Act would be a nice touch.

I don't think it has anything to do with spoilers, I think he's just taking a break.

And yes, Shuttlecock would be smart to do that. Unfortunately, they won't.

Damnit, I'm tempted to buy that new Twilight movie soundtrack, and I don't like how that makes me feel inside.

So, I just found out about Andrew Bird coming to play in a church here in Minneapolis and immediately bought tickets. I imagine it'll be fucking incredible, something like this:

Pitchfork: TV

...and even better: it's a solo show. Apparently he's doing mainly instrumental stuff, based on a "cozy" atmosphere and trying to adjust his sound to the space he's playing in.

It took me all day to figure this out, but I had a feeling that The STEEN! showed up in Lou Reed's epic "Street Hassle." Saying "tramps like us" was the giveaway.

It took me all day to figure this out, but I had a feeling that The STEEN! showed up in Lou Reed's epic "Street Hassle." Saying "tramps like us" was the giveaway.

All day? That voice is unmistakable.

Pretty cool, huh? He was recording in the same building apparently and Lou invited him in for a quickie.

That song is one of my favs by THE LOU!

All day? That voice is unmistakable.

Pretty cool, huh? He was recording in the same building apparently and Lou invited him in for a quickie.

That song is one of my favs by THE LOU!

I'd been having headphone troubles all day then finally switched to my nicer pair for another listen about 10 or so minutes ago.

Nice little tidbit.

It's up there for me, too. One of my friends got it on a mix called "Songs That Should Be in Wes Anderson Movies," only to find it out that it was in Noah Baumbach's The Squid and the Whale. I would've told him, but I never made it through all of Squid. I should do that sometime.

Who is th THE COFF!?

dirty-projectors-bitte-orca.jpg

She's the one on the left. The one on the right is THE DOO!

It's called Bitte Orca, Marther. A few of us love it very, very much. Look into it.

And ZOMG, six days until I get me some COFF! drops.

It's called Bitte Orca, Marther. A few of us love it very, very much. Look into it.

Indeed, do check it out. Though, you should know: the lead singer, Dave Longstreth, is rarely singing in key. Don't say I didn't warn you. Sorry I didn't explain further, Martha. I (wrongly) assumed you'd know who the band was, since we've been discussing them pretty frequently lately.

They've also inspired a spin-off tribute band of sorts that features members of our very own community here.

bitty-orcocks.jpg

Disturbing on so, so many levels. Has No Broken Serves even see it yet?

Multiple quotes ftw!

I won't be pushing you in front of a bus for your ticket. :|

I'll go listen somewhere.

Indeed, do check it out. Though, you should know: the lead singer, Dave Longstreth, is rarely singing in key. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I read this post too late. I've already tried to listen. :sad:

They've also inspired a spin-off tribute band of sorts that features members of our very own community here.

bitty-orcocks.jpg

Even without knowing the reference, it's still fuckin' funny.

Well, Longstreth's voice was what drove me away initially. If you check the DP thread (not the one in Mr. Pussy's), I felt like Martha did. But after giving it time, hoo doggie!

Well, Longstreth's voice was what drove me away initially. If you check the DP thread (not the one in Mr. Pussy's), I felt like Martha did. But after giving it time, hoo doggie!

The wave of turnaround in that thread was hilarious for me to watch, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom