Interference Random Music Talk Phase X: In which THE COFF! gets her oats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping in mind this is the first time I've heard pretty much anything from this tour...

Vertigo and Elevation both made much stronger openers than this.

I still think Get On Your Boots is the worst fucking thing they've ever done. Sure, Stan Up Comedy and Unknown Caller are worse songs, but at least they weren't singles. And didn't have that fucking music video. Holy christ.

"Swing" is indeed a shoddy opener. And now I'm really noticing sound issues.

I'll say this about "Get On Your Cocks:" it probably translated the best live out of all of the new material. You don't get a feel for it with this stream. I mean, you want to hear a bad live song? "Magnificock" is next, so get ready.

I'm also glad Boner hasn't mentioned that ten inch cockatoo again. I feel like going to the tour forum to see what they thought.

I didn't realize how visually unstimulating this stuff could be, when not taken from afar. Looking forward to when it stops looking like Stop Making Sense X 20398742394732094823049.

I think the next thread title has to include a reference to Laz witnessing the ten-inch cockatoo.

And apparently he still hasn't gotten over his chronic obsession of reciting "names of places" at concerts either.

Oh, you guys are no fun. :tongue:

The echo is distracting. Needs more Claw. It's so dark! Other than that, I have no complaints at the moment.

Magnificent? FUCK THAT SHIT. FEZ. BEING. BORN!

Shit, why is this the "big anthem" from this album?

I hope Laz is enjoying this shit.

Also, wasn't this when he was supposed to throw the shuttlecocks?

And wow. Seriously this.

It's because lighting the Rose Bowl in the dark is a logistic nightmare. Think about all that cavernous and EMPTY space, you know? Still, 101 looked better than this, and that was like 20+ years ago, now...

Apparently the tour forum didn't catch the "ten inch cockatoo" thing. I ran a search for "ten inch" and the first result after this thread was in the fan fiction part of the forum.

I wish I was kidding.

It's because lighting the Rose Bowl in the dark is a logistic nightmare. Think about all that cavernous and EMPTY space, you know? Still, 101 looked better than this, and that was like 20+ years ago, now...

You make a point. Makes you wonder why they chose this location for the broadcast then, doesn't it?

Magnificent, NLOTH, and MOS are the three songs Laz mentioned for the tossing of the birdie.

"Get up off your big fat ass now!"

WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO THIS FUCKING GUY TONIGHT?

This song was meant to be harmonized, Bono, so stop hurrying through "in mysterious ways."

Yeah, it's a lot easier to see the blemishes here than when you're actually at the concert. During Magnificent the man sounded and looked tired and out of breath. It was the third song.

When did he change it to from Johnny to John in Mysterious Plays? I must not have been paying attention.

The guitar solo still pretty much owns, though.

Fucker better not make me wait until the very end of this fucking show for this.

You just might have to if he takes any cues from how the B-52's treated me as I waited for "Rock Lobster."

No seriously. What's Boner's deal? "Ten inch cockatoos" and "get off your big fat ass?" There are children watching this. Well, probably not. But if he's going to be this filthy, maybe they'll surprise us and trot out one of their more erotic Lance's Mom inspired numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom