Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never listened to Elbow. Not sure if I plan on it. Terrible name.

I thought it kind of covered all of your Freudian goofy references.

:heart: It's like a Cori Dirty Poetry generator.

Elbow got their name from a book ... one of those old, well-known crime authors or something, and the main character has a line about how "elbow" is the most sensuous word - saying it is, not necessarily the word itself.

Or something. I just learned that today.

They're no Steve Pole Bath Tub.

STEVE POLE!

steve-holt.jpg

:up: I love Gasoline Dreams as well. I'm probably the only one, but I think Humble Mumble may be my overall favorite Outkast song. The 'Drinkin' Again' interlude after it always cracks me up as well.

i look forward to the interludes... Good Day Good Sir from The Love Below is pretty funny.

The song that comes on the vinyl that comes with the DVD box set. It's the song they came onstage to on the tour. I'll PM you.

This is all news to me, but it's nice to see they're still putting out money grubbing deluxe editions.

Ah, I remember this song. Thanks for sending it. Kind of a trifle, no?

Jah, a bit. Nice to have a non-bootleg version of it, but not really worth the giant price (although it does come with a bunch of stuff).

If they do ever release Songs of Ascent, and if this song is actually on it, I could see it as an intro song type thing.

I think it's awesome, BTW. From an instrumentation standpoint. Sounds like new (or at least less-covered) ground by the band.

Strings are very cool, even though they might be fake.

They did that with Original of the Species too, right? Fake strings on the album, and then the real thing on the single?

What the eff is up with that? Like they can't afford to hire a handful of orchestral musicians.

Well I'm pretty sure the strings on Swing were real, no?

The stuff on Original of the Birdies was painful, though. Not enough to ruin the song, luckily.

I had to stop and think about what "Swing" was. Yes, I believe that's an actual honest-to-pete cello.

Would have liked Moroccan strings on the album, to be honest. Hell, Moroccan ANYTHING.

Maybe there will be some more Fez flava on Serves of Ascent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom