Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think there is much of a reason too...I'm not sure if its live tracks or just the videos :shrug:

Anywho...I need a good new album to check out, I'm up for suggestions.

Listening to Room On Fire by The Strokes for the first time in years. It's a lot better than I remember it being.

Listening to Room On Fire by The Strokes for the first time in years. It's a lot better than I remember it being.

Big high five. I won't go into gory details but, yeah, I love that album. When it first came out I had it on repeat for what seemed like months. Probably one of my most listened to albums ever.

Is This It is still superior, though, of course.

LP4 coming out by the end of the year. Happy dance.

Big high five. I won't go into gory details but, yeah, I love that album. When it first came out I had it on repeat for what seemed like months. Probably one of my most listened to albums ever.

Is This It is still superior, though, of course.

LP4 coming out by the end of the year. Happy dance.

I think I disowned the album because it came out right when I was at the end of a really, really messy breakup. So I had all these shitty memories attached to it. But now is a long time away from then and I don't attach those memories anymore. But you're right about Is This It being better... albeit only slightly.

Kid CuDi samples both Christian Bale's rant and "Dance Yrself Clean" by LCD Soundsystem? I'm sold.

KiD CuDi “ALL TALK” ? kanYe West : Blog

I don't know if you'd call using the LCD track as sampling if it's the actual backing track, but hey, I like it.

Also, THE 'YE's new single is fantastic. Only he would have the audacity to sample King Crimson. Suck on that, Lil Wayne.

Kid CuDi samples both Christian Bale's rant and "Dance Yrself Clean" by LCD Soundsystem? I'm sold.

KiD CuDi “ALL TALK” � kanYe West : Blog

I don't know if you'd call using the LCD track as sampling if it's the actual backing track, but hey, I like it.

Is that a legit song, like, a single? This irritates me to the same level of Jay-Z's little Forever Young song. The Diddy method of making music in general pisses me off 90% of the time, but to make the entire chorus of a song just be the epic part of someone else's song is kind of :huh:.

But...if this isn't a single and just fucking around, then ignore the above.

But despite Mr. Rager's appearance on the new song, Cudi took to his blog to explain that the single isn't currently attached to his upcoming album. "This was an idea I had that me and Chip decided to do for fun. As of right now its not on anything, we just recorded it and put it out just for the f--- of it," Cudi explained. "It'll be awhile till MOTM2 (still gunnin' for Aug release or Sept), so I might keep releasing some fun joints here and there. I'll keep you all posted faaashow."

Hello google.

Also, THE 'YE's new single is fantastic. Only he would have the audacity to sample King Crimson. Suck on that, Lil Wayne.

Yeah, the King Crimson sample in "Power" is one of the best things about it.

I also love that he chooses to start beef with Saturday Night Live, of all things. Cracks me up:

"Fuck SNL and the whole cast
Tell ‘em Yeezy said they can kiss my whole ass
More specifically, they can kiss my asshole"

The guy is bonkers. At least he knows it, and can playfully put a sample of "21st Century Schizoid Man" in his comeback single, admitting it.

That part of the rap, Gaffer, was possibly my least favorite part.

That being said, I loved the rest of the song. Kanye and I are making great strides.

That part of the rap, Gaffer, was possibly my least favorite part.

That being said, I loved the rest of the song. Kanye and I are making great strides.

It's not the greatest rhyme or anything of high intelligence, I just like it for the comedy value and sheer ridiculousness of it. Calling out Saturday Night Live? WTF? What are you gonna do next, Kanye, try to steal an award from a country singer who stays at home on Saturday nights baking cookies with her cat?

Is that a legit song, like, a single? This irritates me to the same level of Jay-Z's little Forever Young song. The Diddy method of making music in general pisses me off 90% of the time, but to make the entire chorus of a song just be the epic part of someone else's song is kind of :huh:.

But...if this isn't a single and just fucking around, then ignore the above.

It felt like a goof-off to me to begin with, and there weren't any overt samplings on Cudi's debut, aside from the one Gaga track.

Yeah, the King Crimson sample in "Power" is one of the best things about it.

I also love that he chooses to start beef with Saturday Night Live, of all things. Cracks me up:

"Fuck SNL and the whole cast
Tell ‘em Yeezy said they can kiss my whole ass
More specifically, they can kiss my asshole"

The guy is bonkers. At least he knows it, and can playfully put a sample of "21st Century Schizoid Man" in his comeback single, admitting it.

It's so out of left field that I love it, both the Crimson bit and SNL beef.

The guy's a savant.

It's not the greatest rhyme or anything of high intelligence, I just like it for the comedy value and sheer ridiculousness of it. Calling out Saturday Night Live? WTF? What are you gonna do next, Kanye, try to steal an award from a country singer who stays at home on Saturday nights baking cookies with her cat?

It's that last line, the SNL calling out is yeah... Though I did laugh out loud at the whole thing, mostly, like you said, for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

The guy's a savant.

He really is, and I'm hoping that this new record of his returns attention to the fact that he's one of the best producers in the business. Kanye doesn't care about white country singers, yes, but that's hardly a surprise, and the fact that he's still a dick after all these years is even less so. He's a jackass, but he has so much to give the music world, and I'm excited to see what he has to offer, especially since Power is better than a good chunk of Graduation.

Power is better than a good chunk of Graduation.

Most definitely.

I'm excited to hear the rest of the album but, as I've said before, I don't think he'll ever eclipse College Dropout. For me. "Through The Wire" as a debut single? Straight-up classic song. And followed by "All Falls Down." Those are two of my five favorite Kanye songs right there. Two great singles.

And another song off of College Dropout that I looooved when it first came out, then kind of forgot about for a while, but rediscovered a little while back:

YouTube - We Don't Care- Kanye West

That chorus just makes me smile. And of course "They DCFS, some of em dyslexic, they favorite 50 Cent song 12 Questions."

Gus would say "haHA!"

Gus-Johnson.jpg

I caught the last half of the Muse song on MTV the other morning as I was killing time before catching the bus. Meh. Seriously meh.

I don't think there are many people who like the new Muse single.
Except everyone who likes Twilight.

Most of the fangirls like Twilight / wouldn't know about Muse if it weren't for the earlier movies, and even they don't like the single.

Suck on that, Muse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom