Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And speaking of hip hop, beats and backing tracks become dated so quickly that what sounded cutting edge now might come off laughable, like old Public Enemy or Ice Cube.

Raising Hell was indeed hell for me on first listen. I like the record, but holy shit, it's a crime how much an album like that must have cost at the time when the Fruity Loops-crafted Souljaboytellem.com has better production.

what are you currently doing for money, imps?

Between savings and odd jobs (such as helping move a friend's blind uncle into his new apartment today*), I'm getting by. I've been at a big disadvantage coming out of college when I did (last December), but there should be some really big news within the next two weeks concerning the beginning of a career. More money to waste on LPs and shows, really.

*money promptly spent on sushi and strippers, unfortunately.

Between savings and odd jobs (such as helping move a friend's blind uncle into his new apartment today*), I'm getting by. I've been at a big disadvantage coming out of college when I did (last December), but there should be some really big news within the next two weeks concerning the beginning of a career. More money to waste on LPs and shows, really.

*money promptly spent on sushi and strippers, unfortunately.

nice. hope it works out. you're younger than i thought you were.

i hate the strippers, for the record.

How awesome is The Seldom Seen Kid? It might just be my favorite album these days. And the Live at Abbey Road version? Completely and utterly swoon-worthy.

but there should be some really big news within the next two weeks concerning the beginning of a career.

Garbage-man.jpg

"Hey, pretty pretty. Gimme a smile!"

I sang that at karaoke last month. It didn't go well, only because I had no idea how out of breath I'd get while dancing and singing at the same time.

Clearly, I'm not cut out for the life of a pop star.

My friends are wiser than to take video of our karaoke sessions. I'll gladly sing for anyone who asks, but no one wants to see video of me dancing. Trust me.

There was a snippet of me singing Mr. Roboto at my birthday party last summer, but my friend only had it up on her Facebook page for a little while.

Wow! Tori is turning into Wil.I.Am!

Or whoever the dude is from the black eyed peas who features in just about everything on commercial radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom