Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they could do that. They would cancel before just automatically charging people a higher amount.

If not, I will be raising an unholy stink with them. As will everyone else who ordered it.

Edit: I see what you're saying! :der: Nah, they showed the shipping charges in the pre-order. It ain't $60.

I remember that $50 No Net Amazon UK deal. And I remember buying another one on the release day at Best Buy so I could get it sooner, then returning the British one when it arrived for a refund. Or maybe that was just a dream I had...

:shifty:

What's the female equivalent of "fap fap fap"? :hmm:
i have smilies for everything, it seems.

shlick.gif

nononononononononononono

i don't know
why you bother
nothing's ever good enough for you
i was there
it wasn't it like that
you've come here just to start a fight

Why in the fuck didn't they go in this direction on the last album?

Because they're doing it on the next album!

Oh god, please. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Maybe after so much straight-up radio friendliness, they needed to start with baby steps back out into the other world.

Because they're doing it on the next album!

Oh god, please. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Maybe after so much straight-up radio friendliness, they needed to start with baby steps back out into the other world.
The problem is, they view NLOTH as a failure. They still think it's experimental and a "full album" (really, it isn't), and they think people don't want that.

They'll use NLOTH as an excuse to go backwards towards the ATYCLB/HTDAAB era. You watch.

STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS! :scream:

The problem is, they view NLOTH as a failure.

Is that just a negative-nancy educated guess based on previous U2 activities, or was there an interview that I missed where they are already leading us down the path of backward-sliding doom?

Yeah, they may acknowledge the album's relative lack of success, but I don't think they're going to be trashing the material. Poppycock was hurried to completion, and the (supposed) failure of the tour made it easy for them to go sour on the whole thing. Here, the sessions seemed to be too enjoyable and fruitful for an about face, plus the tour has to be considered a huge triumph, despite the recent cancellations.

Has anybody seen this yet?

No, I haven't seen it yet, because it's only 1992 in my universe. (Have you guys heard the new U2 yet? What the hell is that shit? The Fly? What's with the leather?)

I had to watch that moment twice to see what the hell you were making the ohmy face for ... and then yeah.

:ohmy:

Yes, yes he did, Cori.

eazy.jpg

That dude in the video definitely looks more like Obama than Eazy-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom