Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had a brutal cough for the past week and my voice is completely shot. So I recorded a pretty solid version of Downtown Train on Garageband tonight

that is all
Do you mean Downbound Train? Because if you do, great choice, although you may have fucked up the lyrics.

I think he's talking about Tom Waits Downtown Train.

not the castrated Rod Stewart version, but, you know, the actual real original version.

Oh. I don't listen to Waits, and I assume I know everything, so I tried to correct him. (Plus, he said raspy voice so that led me to Springsteen.)

My roommate just came home, so i played it for him. he said "man, you should learn how to play this". thought it was tom waits :giggle: tee hee hee.

Sadly, after tonight I will never be able to sing like this again. Sort of like a choir boy getting his first pube

There are Springsteen albums from before The Rising? No way! Next thing you know, you'll tell me U2's first album wasn't All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Well, sure. But an appreciation for Bruce Springsteen is a prerequisite for a membership at Interference. Not so much U2.

Didn't mean any offense, Peef. I used to give Zoots shit all the time for only listening to '90s albums. And we all know how much I loved that guy.

Well, sure. But an appreciation for Bruce Springsteen is a prerequisite for a membership at Interference. Not so much U2.

Didn't mean any offense, Peef. I used to give Zoots shit all the time for only listening to '90s albums. And we all know how much I loved that guy.
Don't take anything I say too seriously. My tastes in the past year have definitely moved to this past decade. I used to be the guy who listened to "old classic rock shit" in my group of friends. Now I'm the guy who listens to "indie hipster shit." Significant difference.

Don't take anything I say too seriously. My tastes in the past year have definitely moved to this past decade. I used to be the guy who listened to "old classic rock shit" in my group of friends. Now I'm the guy who listens to "indie hipster shit." Significant difference.

one particularly bright friend of mine made a Facebook group called "indie has to be the gayest thing ever".

There's plenty of good music in every decade, but not enough hours in a day. If it took a decade to accumulate all of that music, it should take decades more to hear it all, and you never will. Now, hipsters don't have to listen to anything to wear loud, impractical clothing and drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, but I've always liked to think that being an independent music listener was about more than that. The more festivals I attend, the more I wonder though. I think that's the main reason why Danny shouldn't go to GougeFest.

Hipsters are more concerned with how they're viewed for saying they like certain things than they are with the things themselves. If you genuinely like indie music or pabst blue ribbon, fuck the hipsters and like it

Hipsters are more concerned with how they're viewed for saying they like certain things than they are with the things themselves. If you genuinely like indie music or pabst blue ribbon, fuck the hipsters and like it

Oh, my college experiences have shown this to be true. PBR, while not good, is at least drinkable - made even more so when Arcade Fire is playing.

B'ya!

What a joke!

Haha, funny story, Mark.

Haha, funny story, Mark.
I got on a bus one weekend at about 2 in the morning. There were three guys in the back having a conversation, and I briefly listened in before I realized it was composed entirely of quotes from The Room. I turned around and said, "I have news, everybody ... we're expecting!" Needless to say, they were extremely excited by this development.

I got on a bus one weekend at about 2 in the morning. There were three guys in the back having a conversation, and I briefly listened in before I realized it was composed entirely of quotes from The Room. I turned around and said, "I have news, everybody ... we're expecting!" Needless to say, they were extremely excited by this development.

You must be kidding aren't you.

When I recognized that Peter is the guy that Terry Crews punches through the other side of the frame in those Tim & Eric Old Spice ads, I lost it.

You must be kidding aren't you.

When I recognized that Peter is the guy that Terry Crews punches through the other side of the frame in those Tim & Eric Old Spice ads, I lost it.
Didn't realize that till you mentioned it. Old Spice should film a second commercial with the guy who replaced Peter, doing the exact same thing but much more poorly read.

So how long have you kids been enamoured with The Room? I saw it for the first time like three weeks ago and... wow. Going to a screening this Saturday.

Didn't realize that till you mentioned it. Old Spice should film a second commercial with the guy who replaced Peter, doing the exact same thing but much more poorly read.

You make me sick.

So how long have you kids been enamoured with The Room? I saw it for the first time like three weeks ago and... wow. Going to a screening this Saturday.

About a year or so ago, I'd say.

I'm working to get a screening for my school theater some time next fall. If that happens and we manage to get Wiseau... holy shit.

Anywayz, music. Yeah, Tom Waits. Gravel-voiced goodness.

yes in terms of gravel vocalists, he's better than Ja Rule. remember him?

i haven't seen The Room, but i can't imagine it being much worse than The Go Between.

I really, really dug that Grapefruit Moon song you posted there, LM. I've loved so much of what I've heard from Tom Waits, but have never taken the full-on dive into his discography, you know? Ahhhh. Someday, hopefully.

PBR tends to be one of the cheaper beers at a lot of the bars I go to, so it's not rare that I find myself drinking it. It's not bad, and I don't have the money to buy rounds of $8 beers every weekend, as much as I wish I could.

Same deal here. As far as cheap beer goes, I'll take a PBR over a Keystone or Natty any time. I don't get the luxury of ordering at (most) bars here, but the fact that it's just about all I buy from the store is a testament more to its price and my being too used to it to notice it tasting "bad" at this point. Hell, I actually like the taste. Much better than Bud Light and Coors Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom