Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahah nice. I own this shirt, it amuses me:

zoom.gif

I feel like my own special brand of nerd wearing that shirt.

Though it was awkward the first time I wore it and one of my professors (male) kept staring at my chest.

I'm embarrassed that it took me about 30 seconds to figure the cure shirt out :der:

So, I bought new headphones tonight. I think I shall test them out....on This Is Happening.

Brand and model?

The amount of headphones I own is ridiculous...

I'm so embarrassed XD. I was at Ross tonight buying a dress for graduation and I found a pair of in-ear headphones (which I prefer) for $5, and I figured, what the hell, maybe I'll find a goldmine. They're not the worst headphones I've ever owned by a longshot, but they're very generic. Senty h3 Earbuds.

See, I had a pair of sony in-ears that I loved to death, best pair of headphones I've ever owned, and I had them for nearly 3 years, and I finally lost them last month and I've been trying to wait until I get a new steady job before I legitimately replace them. I might cave and buy something REALLY expensive next time XD.

I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones. Home use only. What would you recommend? I know next to nothing

Grado Labs, Inc.

Handmade, and fugly as hell, but there's nothing better for home use. The cheapest I'd go is the SR60's or 80's. 60's are an entry level "audiophile" type hi-fi headphones. 80's have a little more bass, if that's what you like. There are a number of more expensive options as well, all of them progressively better than the cheaper model before them. I personally have the 60's, friends have the 80's and 225's. All are fantastic. Your shitty quality MP3's will sound like CDs, and your CDs will sound like live music.

Again though, these are for listening at home. Not good for when you're out and about, and would be destroyed if you exercised in them.

Awesome. Thanks man. theres a dealer not to far from my place. I'll check them out. I've just started a new vinyl collection, so I want a good pair. Havent listened to records on headphones since I was a kid

Also, how much did you pay for yours? $120 sound about right? Our dollar is nearly at par with yours at the moment

Just buy them on Amazon. They used to be in the $60's, but now that they have the "i" models, looks like they slightly raised the price.

They're strong enough that they wouldn't break if you rolled carefully on a pillow, but would break if you fell off your bed and onto the floor like a freak show clutz.

As far as affordable home headphones go, my Koss Porta Pros are still doing me proud.

That's pretty awesome. I'm proud to admit I got it right away as well.

I worked in a mall record store when that came out and got to tell many skeptical small-town Wisconsin parents that yes, that would be a pretty clean rap record they could buy for their child.

My lunch-time conversation experiences:

Colleague #1 (who is around 17 years older than me): (looks around table) "Who's going to Jimmy Buffet?"

Several minutes elapse as this is discussed. Then

Colleague #2 (who is 12 years younger than me) : (to another colleague, age 43) "Hey Kel! OZZFEST!"

I could only mumble that I had bought Dead Weather tickets earlier this morning. "Who?"

I brought in my Florence + the Machine CD to work and now my boss and another coworker are on the Florence train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom