Interference Random, Music Talk Part VI: You are tearing me APART, Liam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Just to start this off on the right foot:

COCK JOKE.

Uh oh, this thread isn't a winner now.

Music and cock jokes.

THAT IS WHAT INTERFERENCE RANDOM MUSIC TALK DOES!

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack lunch. Nom nom nom nom nom.

Anyway, so I'm going to listen to Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers for the first time so I can get my THE NASH! cred card back.

Way to not even let the last thread get to 1,000.

FAIL.

And when the hell is Rabbi Douchebag coming back to give us his review?

"I knew as soon as I stepped out of the limo this was going to be a jew-magic conclusion to a beautiful night, as the taste of seafood paella and sangria still lingered on my tongue..."

9_hebrew+hammer.jpg

Pseudocock XXI: We Really Shouldn't Even Be Using This Name Anymore, But We'll Pathetically Keep Trying To Squeeze Some Humor Out Of This Great Idea's Rotting Corpse, Though Even The People Who Are Normally Funny Sure Don't Look Like It When They Traitoriously Post In Here

Anyway, so I'm going to listen to Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers for the first time so I can get my THE NASH! cred card back.

Let me know what you think. As I've said before, it's one of the most intensely personal albums to me, well, evar.

Way to not even let the last thread get to 1,000.

FAIL.

Is two measly posts that big of an issue? I didn't want you sweeping the rug out from under me on naming it.

Pseudocock XXI: We Really Shouldn't Even Be Using This Name Anymore, But We'll Pathetically Keep Trying To Squeeze Some Humor Out Of This Great Idea's Rotting Corpse, Though Even The People Who Are Normally Funny Sure Don't Look Like It When They Traitoriously Post In Here

Go fuck yourself.

Ha ha ha haaaa, I'm so funny!

Awww, somebody needs a hug.

:hug:

Hey, gang. Apparently I need to get out more. I guess being a full time student at one of the best universities in the country, seeing a ton of bands in the alleged Live Music Capital of the World, and training for a bad ass nightlife job isn't getting out enough. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I need to get out more. Like a lot more. :lol:

Hey, gang. Apparently I need to get out more. I guess being a full time student at one of the best universities in the country, seeing a ton of bands in the alleged Live Music Capital of the World, and training for a bad ass nightlife job isn't getting out enough. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I'd recommend paying the toll:

cateyes.gif

Alright, we need to keep a running tally of all of these psychedelic music recs IYS keeps racking up before I forget. And Impy, the Here We Go Magic album is AWESOME.

Sad Songs is fantastic, just like the other two.

I also have to get on that Here We Go Magic jaunt.

1. Cut a hole in the box.

2. Start cutting your hair short and wearing sunglasses (preferably not your ridiculous aviators - try wraparounds, maybe?).

3. Change your username, it has to do with Coldplay.

4. APPRECIATE MICHAEL JACKSON.

Shave the beard. It worked for Mark.

Yeah, the HWGM album sounded like if Paul Simon aged backwards, Benji Button-style, and settled in a mellow Animal Collective and an African folk band. I was struggling to come up with a combo for the last part, but damn, does the main guy remind me of Paul Simon.

Glad you like HWGM. Hideously underrated stuff.

Main guy? It's one guy.

Sounds like someone needs a ShamWow to wipe up their tears.

Sounds like someone needs to read their "How to Make an Alter Funny" manual.

Air's "Playground Love" is such a monumentally cool song. Underrated band, too.

I'm just listening to Yim Yames' Tribute to now. And, I'm going to have to give the Here We Go Magic album another listen. I heard it awhile ago and remember liking it, but didn't give it repeated listens.

There is something vaguely homoerotic about it too. But I guess things were sort of the same way in the actual films themselves.

I'm actually listening to Tribute To right now as well. I love what he did with "Love You To."

I'm actually listening to Tribute To right now as well. I love what he did with "Love You To."

Agreed. That was the first song of the bunch that my ears perked up to. I'm liking "My Sweet Lord" a lot too.

Yeah, "My Sweet Lord" was well done too. "Let It Roll" isn't bad. "All Things Must Pass" is next. Can't wait to hear it. I'm glad all of these are off my favorite solo album of any Beatles alum, with the two obvious exceptions off Revolvah and The Pale Album.

Laz, you're really going to dig this.

Wow, "All Things Must Pass" was cathartic. Very well done, I thought. And, yeah, All Things Must Pass is by far the best solo thing a Beatle put out. I bought a vintage copy on vinyl a few weeks ago, and it sounds even more amazing than before, if that's possible.

Also just gave a listen to the free EP Atmosphere released on the 4th. Pretty good stuff, a couple tracks are really excellent. If any of you guys are hip-hop heads, definitely download it.

Fifth Element Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom