Interference Random, Music Talk Part VI: You are tearing me APART, Liam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice avatar, No Broken Cocks. Was that the view from the douchebag section?

Also, Impy, you can issue this Fagin a Shuttlecock suspension for crossing the picket line.

It's a photo from show 1 in Barcelona, GA. My camera really does suck, plus I am sure I don't know the right settings to take better photos, but it'll suffice.

Long story short, I'm not going to see THE JECTS! tonight. The seduction of THE COFF! will have to wait for another time.

I wouldn't mind hitting her spot like Gatorade.

Long story short, I'm not going to see THE JECTS! tonight. The seduction of THE COFF! will have to wait for another time.

I wouldn't mind hitting her spot like Gatorade.

Wow, that actually tops IYS. At least he went to the show and stood next to his obsession.

But when the septic tank needs to be cleaned, it must be cleaned.

1. Cut a hole in a box.
2. My taste for THE COFF! doesn't even rival his for Aleks. Shouter : Aleks :: Impy : Annie. Not Amber.
3. My buddy with my ticket is stuck in DFW because his car broke down. He can't make it down here, obviously can't mail the ticket since the show is tonight, and now the damn thing is sold out.

FUCK.

So I've heard the first two albums by The Kills. They kick ass. Probably the second or third best dirty guitar, sexy female fronted rock band I've discovered this year.

I downloaded procured the album Shouter recommended, but I've yet to listen to it. Definitely looking forward to it. My Mosshart crush/hard on will continue to not only thrive, but flourish.

3. My buddy with my ticket is stuck in DFW because his car broke down.

How 'BOUT them Cowboys?!

I guess the silver lining is that since they appear to have sold out a good number of shows on this tour, they'll have to come back soon and strike while the iron is hot.

What do the Cowboys have to do with anything? Tony broke it off with Yoko Romo. Super Bowl, here we come!

1. Cut a hole in a box.
2. My taste for THE COFF! doesn't even rival his for Aleks. Shouter : Aleks :: Impy : Annie. Not Amber.
3. My buddy with my ticket is stuck in DFW because his car broke down. He can't make it down here, obviously can't mail the ticket since the show is tonight, and now the damn thing is sold out.

FUCK.

How many shows a year do you miss because some idiot friend of yours has a car or truck or horse break down?

How many shows a year do you miss because some idiot friend of yours has a car or truck or horse break down?

Technically his bumper just fell off. It's on The Twitter.

And to answer your question, none. I missed Texas/OU last year due to truck problems of my own, if that's what you're implying. But this has been rectified in my acquisition of the Jetter aka Gold Lion.

The first album pales in comparison to No Wow. Verily, my love is a deserter.

That's the one I got. It's pretty great.

I don't care at all. I know a lot of good music fans who enjoy that track.

YLB also hates it, it should be noted. He's more famous for his hate of that song than I am.

Indeed. A lot of my friends that like it, too.

It's everything that is wrong with Coldplay (and popular music) in 5 minutes.

Dynamite drop in there, Thommy.

That broadcasting school is really paying off.

In your ongoing practice of changing the YouTube video titles to something funny, this is your best effort yet.

I just came into dozens of albums for free. And kind of legally. Albums of my personal selection no less. PFan has enough new music to last the whole summer, gents.

So list them already. I need to validate this acquisition.

And don't list all the Matisyahu albums NSW burned you.

So list them already. I need to validate this acquisition.

And don't list all the Matisyahu albums NSW burned you.

I was only able to get what I could fit on my flash drive, but fear not! I get to do it again tomorrow.

Days of Future Passed - The Moody Blues
Sandinista! - The Clash
Combat Rock - The Clash
Wowee Zowee - Pavement
Slanted & Enchanted - Pavement
Ram - Paul McCartney and Linda McCartney
Band on the Run - Paul McCartney and Wings
McCartney - Paul McCartney
Axis: Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction
Ritual de lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
My Aim Is True - Elvis Costello
Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
Another Green World - Brian Eno
Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys
Greatest Hits - Bob Dylan
Lost Souls - Doves
Rocket Man (The Definitive Hits) - Elton John
Gorillaz - Gorillaz
Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Best of Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash
Happy Songs for Happy People - Mogwai

These are all albums I didn't have before. Some of them are the first albums for me by an artist (Mogwai, Doves, Arctic Monkeys, Jane's Addiction, Elton John, Johnny Cash, Moody Blues, Paul McCartney).

And for the ones where I got greatest hits, I'm certainly not trying to do that in replacement for exploring their discographies further.

I just came into dozens of albums for free.

I think Impy came ONTO a St. Vincent album, but that might be something different than what you're talking about.

Sandinista! - The Clash
Wowee Zowee - Pavement
Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction
Ritual de lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John
Another Green World - Brian Eno

Masterpieces, all. That's actually my favorite Elton John album, although some prefer Yellow Brick Road or Capt. Fantastic. But the epic My Father's Gun FTMFW.

And the Jane's albums are both phenomenal. You should try to track down their first, the self-titled, at some point.

I was only able to get what I could fit on my flash drive, but fear not! I get to do it again tomorrow.

Sandinista! - The Clash
Combat Rock - The Clash
Wowee Zowee - Pavement
Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Happy Songs for Happy People - Mogwai

These are all albums I didn't have before. Some of them are the first albums for me by an artist (Mogwai, Doves, Arctic Monkeys, Jane's Addiction, Elton John, Johnny Cash, Moody Blues, Paul McCartney).

And for the ones where I got greatest hits, I'm certainly not trying to do that in replacement for exploring their discographies further.

Those ones are some of my absolute favorites. It's a great selection of albums. :up:

I think Impy came ONTO a St. Vincent album, but that might be something different than what you're talking about.

Masterpieces, all. That's actually my favorite Elton John album, although some prefer Yellow Brick Road or Capt. Fantastic. But the epic My Father's Gun FTMFW.

And the Jane's albums are both phenomenal. You should try to track down their first, the self-titled, at some point.

What happens in the septic tank stays in the septic tank.

I'm looking forward to listening to a lot of it, including your favorite band of the 90s. So far I only have CR,CR.

That's a solid haul. Did you visit The Halls of Utahn (Utahian) Justice and go to the 'confiscated' section?

Enjoy the Matrix, fuckhouse.

I will, thank you. At least it shows Cubes and Donnie are trying.

You saw that?

That's actually my favorite Elton John album, although some prefer Yellow Brick Road or Capt. Fantastic.

Easily my favorite Elton by a pretty wide margin. Actually probably in my top 30 all time.

But the epic My Father's Gun FTMFW.

Without a doubt his finest song. One of the better tunes I've ever heard. No hyperbole. It's a perfect song.

Peef, not a lot of your haul did much for me other than the obvious Tumbleweed Connection. But fuck yeah on getting Mogwai. Happy Songs for Happy People is the shit.

Well, a lot of it was an attempt to get some classics. I'm continuing tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated on the haul.

Without a doubt his finest song. One of the better tunes I've ever heard. No hyperbole. It's a perfect song.

I'd still probably have to give the edge to Someone Saved My Life Tonight because of the personal angle, but My Father's Gun is a VERY close second. And on any other album Burn Down the Mission would be the standout, towering achievement.

Fuck I gotta listen to that whole thing now.

I'd still probably have to give the edge to Someone Saved My Life Tonight because of the personal angle, but My Father's Gun is a VERY close second. And on any other album Burn Down the Mission would be the standout, towering achievement.

Fuck I gotta listen to that whole thing now.

Don't forget "Amoreena."

So, during the spring, Weezer played shows with a cover mix of MGMT's "Kids" and Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."

YouTube - Kids / Pokerface

That's fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom