Interference Random, Music Talk Part VI: You are tearing me APART, Liam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
earn+it.jpg

:)

Nice. You've talked about your White Album before and I'm quite jealous. I've got Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pep's, now Magical Mystery Tour, and a supposedly excellent copy of Revolver. I don't know much about what pressings are worth more, but it was a gift from my dad and an expensive one at that.

All Things Must Pass is on the to-get list. I've got Double Fantasy and Shaved Fish, but that does it for my solo stuff.

Awesome, Revolver is one of my favorites, so it'd be cool to have a great copy of it. The only downside to the White Album is that it has a coffee stain across the front of the jacket, otherwise it's in pretty good condition. But, for $15, I can't complain too much. I found all of them at this fantastic record shop called Hymie's Vintage Records here. Speaking of which, I think when I get paid next week, I'm going to hit that place up again and see what's new there. I need a copy of Sgt. Pepper's too; it's at the top of my vinyl purchases list, for sure. I only know the Abbey Road pressing because I got curious and looked it up after buying it. Supposedly, it's a Jacksonville pressing, one of the more rare ones, with a different typeface on the Apple logo than the others. The little markings that record labels use to identify their pressing factories are fascinating. It's kind of cool to know the pressings, but really, I just want to listen to the albums.

If you ever see a copy of All Things Must Pass, absolutely get it. The box it comes in is awesome, plus, 4 LPs! Oh, I do have Imagine too, now that I think about it. Double Fantasy and Plastic Ono Band are two more that are on my list. I saw Plastic Ono Band at Hymie's, but didn't have the cash to grab it then.

My friend in Japan for two weeks told me today some Japanese students he met tried to take him to a brothel in Tokyo... or whatever you'd call it there.

My friend in Japan for two weeks told me today some Japanese students he met tried to take him to a brothel in Tokyo... or whatever you'd call it there.

I lived a few blocks from a "Korean Town," in Japan. That place was a sleazy-as-shit red light district of the strictly illest of reputes. Amazing. Joints just had signs with hourly and per-throw rates propped up, by the front doors. Really hilarious, coming from the west. The refrigerators for the drinks and shit, in the convenient stores, didn't even work. They just held room-temperature beer and Pepsi. There were a couple of Lolita-themed strip joints, too. One of my students once saw me walk out of there, and brought it up the next day, at school. I was just like, "Dude, what the fuck were you doing there, at that hour of night?" High-larious.

Ah, the good old days! ;)

I found all of them at this fantastic record shop called Hymie's Vintage Records here.

(it's like a ball floating over the hoop in slow motion, and I'm positioned right above it, hands ready to slam it down...)

Hey, did you know you were caught on a security camera during your purchase?

dodger-and-fagin1.jpg

Used records have to fall under the haggling category. You could at least have tried mentioning NSW's name, which could have resulted in a discount. Of course, it may have resulted a discreet call to the police, so maybe it's a good thing you didn't.

Can't believe I missed that setup earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom