Interference Random, Music Talk Part VI: You are tearing me APART, Liam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what song they played. If only there were a website someone kept up with comprehensive setlists through their career so I could cross reference Michael Jackson snippets...

popping in quick before heading down to Union Park for Pitchfork. I'll have pictures and stories galore when I get back tomorrow afternoon. Seeing the Flaming Lips again as well as Grizzly Bear, Japandroids, M83, Blitzen Trapper, and Frightened Rabbit!

I hate you.

I'd do a lot of things to see The Flaming Lips live. They're like a Klondike bar.

popping in quick before heading down to Union Park for Pitchfork. I'll have pictures and stories galore when I get back tomorrow afternoon. Seeing the Flaming Lips again as well as Grizzly Bear, Japandroids, M83, Blitzen Trapper, and Frightened Rabbit!

I was this close to attending but I really needed a day or two to just do nothing. Hope you have a blast.

Ever listen to their new album? There's no way you could find it boring.

I don't either. Can't find anything. I feel like you said Yellow House put you to sleep or some shit.

If Mike ever claimed such a thing, I must say I had the very same reaction to the Yellow House, and I adore Veckatimest.

I love Stay and much prefer full band but I'm not sure it's anything to get your panties in a bunch about.

Well why get upset about anything, then? I don't like seeing powerful songs getting neutered. They want to do Angel of Hardcourt, Staring at the Cock, In A Little Rally or Desire Cock acoustic, fine. But Stay is too majestic to just do with two people.

Go watch that Cock-TV in Sydney clip and tell me the difference isn't enough to make one frustrated. They've been doing it acoustic for THREE FUCKING TOURS already. That's lame.

If Edge never touched an acoustic guitar in concert again, I don't think it would be a loss for anyone.

Well why get upset about anything, then? I don't like seeing powerful songs getting neutered. They want to do Angel of Hardcourt, Staring at the Cock, In A Little Rally or Desire Cock acoustic, fine. But Stay is too majestic to just do with two people.

Go watch that Cock-TV in Sydney clip and tell me the difference isn't enough to make one frustrated. They've been doing it acoustic for THREE FUCKING TOURS already. That's lame.

I've seen the Sydney clip a ton of times, and if I'm not mistaken, I just fucking told you that I much prefer full band so I'm pretty positive I don't need to go re-watch anything.

And I'm sorry Laz, feel free to get upset about anything you like.

Sorry, Laz, but this is one of the coolest music videos I've ever seen. The whole thing was done with chalk. That's fucking cool:

Babelgum

Sorry, Laz, but this is one of the coolest music videos I've ever seen. The whole thing was done with chalk. That's fucking cool:

Babelgum

That's an awesome video.

I didn't know having the power to suck dicks makes you a superhero though.

The sheer logistics of creating that video make my head ache. Then it cracks me up they didn't think to avoid making all those shadows on the street when shooting, which kind of make parts of the video look like ass.

And that song is still really fucking lame.

The sheer logistics of creating that video make my head ache. Then it cracks me up they didn't think to avoid making all those shadows on the street when shooting, which kind of make parts of the video look like ass.

Here's my problem: what the fuck does Chrissy in a cape and an evil squirrel have to do with the song? Strawberry Swing needs frolicking of some kind. Swaying cartoon trees on prozac. Possibly a Candyland motif.

Who cares if it has anything to do with the song? What the guys who did all that chalk shit accomplished is awesome, especially the butterflies bit near the end. I don't even like music videos and I loved that.

A shadow? Give me a break. The entire thing was fun to watch, innovative, and most of all, damn cool. Certainly better than any video Shuttlecock ever put out.

I've seen the Sydney clip a ton of times, and if I'm not mistaken, I just fucking told you that I much prefer full band so I'm pretty positive I don't need to go re-watch anything.

And I'm sorry Laz, feel free to get upset about anything you like.

I know you said what you preferred. My main point was that they've been doing the song this way since 2001 and it's fucking boring, in need of some new life.

I don't think complaining about that was something that needed to be called out as some kind of overreaction.

A shadow? Give me a break. The entire thing was fun to watch, innovative, and most of all, damn cool. Certainly better than any video Shuttlecock ever put out.

I don't think Coldcock ever got Wim Wenders to direct a video for them.

Fuck Buena Vista Social Club.

All the flying sequences in this video are great. Apparently these guys also did the videos for Beck's "E-Pro," QOTSA's "Go With The Flow," and Junior Senior's "Move Your Feet." Also great videos.

And they did this bad boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom