Interference Random Music Talk Part IV: Avoiding KNIFE CRIME for One More Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: I have to perform an acoustic track a week from today. I have no idea what to play. Suggestions? I want something people can relate to, something not too emotional or anything.

Here's a rough list I have been considering. Don't judge me:

"Hallelujah" - Leonard Cohen
"The Scientist" - Coldplay
"Fake Plastic Trees" - Radiohead
"All I Want Is You" - U2

Assist me, B&C.

It's something for school. One of those Mr. (fill in high school name) contest things. My talent is singer/guitarist, I just need to pick a song.

If vocals are a part of it, go with whatever shows off your range the best. With the songs you picked, the vocals would definitely grab the listener more than the guitar would.

I think Hallelujah drags on too long.

I can actually sing The Scientist better than Chris Martin. I might do that one.

I think Hallelujah drags on too long.

I can actually sing The Scientist better than Chris Martin. I might do that one.

Most likely song people are going to know as well, and in these kinds of things, that does, unfortunately, seem to factor in.

Hence why I was considering it.

My one issue is that my acoustic guitar is having serious issues right now and is unplayable till I go to a guitar shop. I have to find some time for that soon.

Hence why I was considering it.

My one issue is that my acoustic guitar is having serious issues right now and is unplayable till I go to a guitar shop. I have to find some time for that soon.

Well there ya go ;).

Yikes, hope you get that fixed.

I think The Scientist done on guitar rather than piano would be a nice take on the song.

I'd nix Hallelujah, partly because of its length.

I think he's you know whatting, even though I have no idea what you know whattting is.

I had to listen to the radio today for the last part of the drive home from Santa Barbara. A Steely Dan song came on. The slowpoke in front of me who wouldn't turn right on the red light got honked at twice because the longer I sat there, the more I had to listen to fucking Steely Dan.

My problem with Fake Plastic Trees is I'm inconsistent vocally with notes that high. I don't sing a falsetto at all, so I have to hit all the notes full voice, and it really depends on whether I wake up and can sing it that day (hitting the "plastic" note once at the beginning and once towards the end is the hardest thing).

Otherwise I'd take that over The Scientist.

Dude, learn "Lua." It's easy to sing, fun to play, and a certified pantie dropper. Trust me.

And the eyeliner you need is a cheap accessory. Joking aside, it is a fantastic song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom