Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I ever mention I saw Girl Talk live when I was working in Tampa, Florida?

OFF THE FUCKING HOOK.

You have no idea. Yeah, it was just one guy on stage mashing shit up, most of it stuff we'd already heard him do on record, but still. Awesome stage presence, got everyone into it...eventually he had like 50 people on stage dancing with him.

Laz usually don't dance, but he worked up a muthafuckin' SWEAT that night.

OFF THE FUCKING HOOK.

You have no idea. Yeah, it was just one guy on stage mashing shit up, most of it stuff we'd already heard him do on record, but still. Awesome stage presence, got everyone into it...eventually he had like 50 people on stage dancing with him.

I've heard he's fantastic live! He was in town last month apparently, but I wasn't listening to him yet, so I didn't go. :grumpy:

OFF THE FUCKING HOOK.

picturezu3.jpg

A picture says a thousand words.

Ever just hear the opening chords of a song and know immediatedly your going to love it?

For instance Unless It Kicks by Okkervil River...instant love or Hot Soft Light by The Hold Steady...

I know the Stereophonics output can be sketchy at times, but I do think Kelly Jones has a great rock voice....just listening to an acoustic performance from Jools Holland of Maybe Tomorrow.

This is not a selling point.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it. I think Pavement's lyrics were far and away more enjoyable and better than these, so to each their own. I think we're all just surprised that you didn't know you didn't like his voice until now (he has been making music for nearly 20 yrs after all)

I know the Stereophonics output can be sketchy at times, but I do think Kelly Jones has a great rock voice...

:yes: I do like his voice a lot. Nice sandpapery quality to it and quite disctinct as well. It's a shame that it's much better than his band's output, which IMO is mostly average with a few good songs. Their Best Of is probably the best album they're ever going to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom