Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang and Blame, I actually like. It's held up pretty well for me compared to Monster as a whole. There are only 2 or 3 songs I still really like from that album.

Sadly, a lot of fans feel the same way. I still LOVE:

Kenneth
Crush w/ Eyeliner
I Don't Sleep I Dream
I Took Your Name
Strange Currencies
Star 69
Tongue
Let Me In
Circus Envy
You

So, like most of the album. Accelerate doesn't impress me much by comparison, as the songs are less complex (with the exception of Sing For the Submarine), less musically interesting. And Monster rocks about twice as hard.

Plus, Until the Day is Done sucks.

I still love Let Me In and I Took Your Name.

I like Kenneth, Circus Envy (because some of the lyrics make me laugh) and Bang & Blame.

The dislike for Bittersweet Me is astonishing. Be Mine can blow me if that's how it is. I see.

The dislike for Bittersweet Me is astonishing. Be Mine can blow me if that's how it is. I see.

I love parts of Bittersweet Me, but the song just feels unfinished to me. It's like they had some great ideas and some not-so-great ideas just strung together what they had.

I am angry with myself since it's the 8th and I'm just barely listening to 'April Skies' by the JaMC for the first time this month.

Darklands is usually my "April album". 'April Skies' makes it a bit obvious and silly, but for some reason it always sounds good to me this time of the year.

Fact: I have to perform an acoustic track a week from today. I have no idea what to play. Suggestions? I want something people can relate to, something not too emotional or anything.

Here's a rough list I have been considering. Don't judge me:

"Hallelujah" - Leonard Cohen
"The Scientist" - Coldplay
"Fake Plastic Trees" - Radiohead
"All I Want Is You" - U2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom