Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: But it's recontextualized. :wink:

Really though, I do like how he puts things like Lil' Wayne's verse from "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" on top of "Nothing Compares 2 U." It makes this (Pick 'em up, fuck 'em let 'em lay/Where im from we see a fuckin dead body everyday/That's, uptown, throwin stacks at 'em/Make a song about me im throwin shots back at 'em/Bitch im a pipe, and she like a crack addict) stick out more than they would have in the original song.

That first song kinda slapped me in the face, I had no idea what this was going to be, so when it was a song that I knew my sister liked, I was like wtf, then all of a sudden it all made sense :lol:

It almost feels like a spoiler to do that lol.

The only reason I want Feed the Animals to end is so I can check out Night Ripper

:lol: It kind of is, but it's helpful to find those samples that you recognize, but can't think of who they are.

I'll download it somewhere and listen with you. Rhapsody doesn't have it.

You guys are both going to enjoy Night Ripper. :up:

:lol: It kind of is, but it's helpful to find those samples that you recognize, but can't think of who they are.

Yeah, I'm waiting til it's over, but there's at least one that was killing me cause I couldn't figure out at all what it was, but I know it. Watch this space to find out what it was

That happened to me a number of times. My favorite was how long it took me to pick out Wu-Tang's C.R.E.A.M. With its characteristic piano line stripped away, it's harder to guess based on the rhymes alone.

Yeah, I'm waiting til it's over, but there's at least one that was killing me cause I couldn't figure out at all what it was, but I know it. Watch this space to find out what it was

That happened to me a number of times. My favorite was how long it took me to pick out Wu-Tang's C.R.E.A.M. With its characteristic piano line stripped away, it's harder to guess based on the rhymes alone.

:yes: It happened to me several times too.

:hyper: Can't wait to find out what the elusive sample was! :lol:

:lol: I think that might be my favorite part about listening to these albums. I end up doing :D a lot.

Crank That was used at least twice on the album, maybe three times. It just goes to show you, we'd all love shitty radio rap more if the music behind it was more exciting.

Night Ripper feels a bit less cluttered than Feed The Animals to me. It's not total sensory overload yet. Gives me a greater appreciation for the beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom