Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah school smool...should have went:p

Oh AtEase, you group of bastards...

Great YouTube vids, btw. I really love the "Heartbeats" performance; it actually finds a way to kick the shit out of an already awesome studio cut.

The dvd I got with Silent Shout is a really great performance of most of the album. I remember hearing a very similar mix of Heartbeats to the live one in a club a few years back...was magical.

The dvd I got with Silent Shout is a really great performance of most of the album. I remember hearing a very similar mix of Heartbeats to the live one in a club a few years back...was magical.

Nice, I'll have to track that down.

I've never watched that DVD. I have a huge pile of CDs or deluxe editions I've purchased that came with dvds that I still need to watch. Come to think of it, I only bought it for the live disc and DVD, and I think I've only heard the live disc once and never put in the DVD.....really worth my money.

I just listened to Jenny Lewis' Acid Tongue on the train today.

Holy shit.

Album of the year for me. Completely smokes Rabbit Furcoat, and I fucking loved Rabbit Furcoat.

She's a goddess.

That is all.

Thanks.

I've never watched that DVD. I have a huge pile of CDs or deluxe editions I've purchased that came with dvds that I still need to watch. Come to think of it, I only bought it for the live disc and DVD, and I think I've only heard the live disc once and never put in the DVD.....really worth my money.

Some of the visual stuff is very cool, and even though they themselves never move much, the music is above and beyond the album.

Oh AtEase, you group of bastards...

Great YouTube vids, btw. I really love the "Heartbeats" performance; it actually finds a way to kick the shit out of an already awesome studio cut.

Nothing tops the studio version of Heartbeats.

In all of music history.

Hyperbole FTW.

Also, fuck AtEase.

I like Acid Tongue a lot, but I don't think it's quite as great as Rabbit Furcoat. And I still feel that Elvis Costello's cameo is totally out of place. I don't mind his voice usually, but on "Carpetbaggers" it's like biting on a piece of grit while eating a pastry.

I tried to get into TV on the Radio, with no success. I find their music impressive but totally uninvolving.

My friends really dislike when I call Jason Mraz, aka Mr. A-Z, Mr. Ra's Al-Ghul.

Maybe that damn song of his shouldn't be on the radio every single time I turn on my car. That would help.

Yes! "The Loving Kind"...it's a super hot song. Will probably be another #1 for the girls. Nicola's bridge after the first chorus gets me everytime.

"I'd do anythinnnnng, sing songs that lovers sing..."

:heart:

The video for Lily Allen's new single entitled THE FEAR.

YouTube - Lily Allen - The Fear

I really like the song and she looks cute as hell.

"I want loads of clothes and fuck-loads of diamonds. I've heard people die while they're trying to find them."

Oh, Lily, you snarky little minx. Her album "It's Not Me, It's You" comes out on February 9th.

Anyone else preparing for year end list mania? I'm starting to try to think of my top albums, top songs, most disappointing, etc. It's sad how reliant I've become to Last FM lists to actually know what I listened to the most during the year...

I don't really use Lastfm to decide my album positionings for the year...I use it as a guide for reminding me what I have listened to, but what I listen to most I wouldn't automatically consider as the best i've listened to...if that makes sense.

I don't really use Lastfm to decide my album positionings for the year...I use it as a guide for reminding me what I have listened to, but what I listen to most I wouldn't automatically consider as the best i've listened to...if that makes sense.

I don't use over all # of listens to decide positioning either. Just saying that someone asked me today what I'd say my favorite album or couple albums are this year, and I couldn't think of anything without looking at LastFM.....

Anyone else preparing for year end list mania? I'm starting to try to think of my top albums, top songs, most disappointing, etc. It's sad how reliant I've become to Last FM lists to actually know what I listened to the most during the year...

I've got a few more to listen to before I could make a list I'm happy with, but I'm down with making one, son.

I don't use over all # of listens to decide positioning either. Just saying that someone asked me today what I'd say my favorite album or couple albums are this year, and I couldn't think of anything without looking at LastFM.....

I find when you listen to a lot of music, you get kind of a brain freeze and find it hard to name bands let alone albums.

I find when you listen to a lot of music, you get kind of a brain freeze and find it hard to name bands let alone albums.

VERY true. If someone asks me about a specific band, album, song, etc., I can go on and on. If they speak in generalities, I can't think of anything. It's actually kinda frustrating.

This is the first time I've ever listened to enough albums from the year to take part (thank you Napster), so I am actually pretty excited to make a list. I don't know that I'll be going to such an extent, but you'll at least get a top Albums list from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom