Interference Random Music Talk Part II: The Wrath of Khan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tickets to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Cat Power, and Spiritualized at the Hollywood Bowl. $25, no Ticketmaster fees.

Oh yeah.

The first two sound awesome, not familiar with Spiritualized though.

Two things...

#1. Does anyone read the the 'Guest List' column over at Pitchfork? Once or twice a week they take an artist and ask them questions such as "What's your favorite new band?, favorite song of all-time?, favorite piece of musical equipment?, favorite venue?, favorite TV show?, last great book you read?, what's your ringtone?" and it's really very interesting. It's probably my favorite thing that Pitchfork does and I look forward to reading the column each week. It gives you a more personal insight into the band members personalities, etc. Cool stuff.

#2. I've stumbled upon a television channel entitled MHD. Has anyone seen this channel? It's a high-defnition channel that just plays concerts all day. Really cool, it's all DVD quality concert footage and they play some great bands, too. Just over the last week or so they've shown hour-long concerts by Radiohead, R.E.M., and Tom Petty. This is quickly becoming my second favorite TV channel next to ABC Family.

I'm enjoying my improved version of Tori's Beekeeper today! :drool: Honestly, I think I'm the only person in the world that likes this album so much!

Barons of Suburbia :drool:

Two things...

#1. Does anyone read the the 'Guest List' column over at Pitchfork? Once or twice a week they take an artist and ask them questions such as "What's your favorite new band?, favorite song of all-time?, favorite piece of musical equipment?, favorite venue?, favorite TV show?, last great book you read?, what's your ringtone?" and it's really very interesting. It's probably my favorite thing that Pitchfork does and I look forward to reading the column each week. It gives you a more personal insight into the band members personalities, etc. Cool stuff.

#2. I've stumbled upon a television channel entitled MHD. Has anyone seen this channel? It's a high-defnition channel that just plays concerts all day. Really cool, it's all DVD quality concert footage and they play some great bands, too. Just over the last week or so they've shown hour-long concerts by Radiohead, R.E.M., and Tom Petty. This is quickly becoming my second favorite TV channel next to ABC Family.

#1. I also really enjoy those, interesting to see how some of your favorite groups respond.

#2. I also have this channel, even the music videos they play late at night can be cool. Then again, what isn't cool in HD?! I hope they get more material to show soon though, they repeat a lot of the same shows a bit much unfortunately. From the Basement is still the coolest thing I've seen on there........which probably isn't surprising. :wink:

I would have watched had I known what videos are played. Tell me what videos are played, Laz. Tell me.

I can't stop watching the I Kissed A Girl video! :reject::help: She's so fucking hot too!

Need my dumb catchy pop fix every now and then.

I can't stop watching the I Kissed A Girl video! :reject::help: She's so fucking hot too!

Need my dumb catchy pop fix every now and then.

We all need our dumb pop fixes, but surely you can do better than Katy Perry, zoots. I mean .... ew. :(

And please - Katy Perry wishes she could be a Spice Girl.

The lyrics are awful (especially when she goes on about how girls are so touchable or whatever) but the song is ridiculously catchy!

It's got a kicky little beat, I'll give her that (although I'd be surprised it if was her doing).

But it is my sworn duty to denounce Katy Perry. I took a solemn vow.

Apparently she went from making christian music to... Ur So Gay. What some people will do for attention! :wink:

Oh, what a shame. The video is no longer available.

Thank you, internet gods, from sparing martha (and the rest of us) from the horror of Katy Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom