Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Because you (really just one person no one really cares about) asked for it.

You know how it works. Whatever's on your mind. Who are you listening to these days? Got a question about ANYTHING music related? Hear some cool news you want to share/discuss, but don't feel like devoting a unique thread to it?

Here you go.

Bitches.

I never really listen to the songs after 'Perfume-V' on Slanted & Enchanted. Not know why.

I spend almost as much time deciding what music to listen to on my way to work as I spend getting up, shave, wash and getting dressed

Salome said:
I spend almost as much time deciding what music to listen to on my way to work as I spend getting up, shave, wash and getting dressed

:lol:

I know the feeling. I go running in the mornings and often stand on the sidewalk for nearly 5 minutes before starting while I scroll through the iPod trying to figure out what I want to listen to.

Salome said:

I always figured you didn't take much time to wash and get a shave. :p

I'm addicted to buying CDs and it always feels good when I buy one. Though there's also often that nagging feeling that I already have enough CDs.
:shifty:

Question, is Frank Black's best of record a good place to get into his solo material?

If it is, would anyone care to send it to me?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Question, is Frank Black's best of record a good place to get into his solo material?

Not familiar with his recorded solo stuff. But as I've said before, he's a fucking beast live.

Lancemc said:

Not familiar with his recorded solo stuff. But as I've said before, he's a fucking beast live.

I just got his iTunes Live EP. Only 5 songs, but it's killer stuff. His cover of The Good, the Bad, and the Queen's "History Song" is badass.

Salome said:

How many cds do you have over there? :uhoh:

Popmartijn said:
I'm addicted to buying CDs and it always feels good when I buy one.

New music is good :up:

I thought youse two controlled your spending excellently at that music fair. :D

I feel limited in my musical knowledge/education because I don't know how to illegally download albums, and it's too much of a pain in the ass to go song by song . . .

So if I don't have the $$$ to buy a cd, then I just have to be resigned to sit here in the darkness, not being able to delve into and hear Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, David Bowie, Mutemath, The Jam, Sex Pistols, Flaming Lips, Echo & The Bunnymen, Joy Division, early Beatles, The Replacements, Pavement, those Finn brothers everyone's always talking about, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Queen, DJ Shadow, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, etc., etc., etc.

:sad:

I might find out how to download albums, but I prefer buying that stuff.

Try to find a used record store in your neighbourhood. Lots of great music for little money! :up:

Popmartijn said:
Try to find a used record store in your neighbourhood. Lots of great music for little money! :up:

:love:

I am sooooooo lucky Princeton Record Exchange is now close by. That store is a gift from heaven. :bow:

Here, check it out...

http://www.prex.com/

There are literally hundreds of used CDs on sale from $1.99 to $4.99. Great selection and quality too!

Salome said:

:lol: I used to spend a lot of time too trying to pick music for the work commute, but now my commute is less than 10 min so sometimes there's no point in even getting the iPod out! :slant:

Popmartijn said:
I'm addicted to buying CDs and it always feels good when I buy one. Though there's also often that nagging feeling that I already have enough CDs.
:shifty:

Yes. :scream:

LemonMacPhisto said:

You came to the right place, sir. I am a huge Frank Black Francis fan. And I rarely condone buying Best Ofs. I would get either Teenager of the Year (if you want the really zany, genre-bending Frank with like 20 songs) or his 2nd album with the Catholics, Pistolero (for some good ol' rock and roll with funny lyrics). If you want something more current, his recent release Bluefinger is one of the best things he's done in ages, and he just released an EP, Svn fngrs, as well that's quite good.

The guy doesn't really have a bad album, unless you listen to the assholes from Pitchfork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom