Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel very strongly about Tom Waits one way or another, although I am aware he's written some really great songs.

I'm really enjoying the new Breeders album, been playing it over and over again. Which is strange in a way because if I think of it in a cold analytical fashion, there's nothing especially mind-blowing on it and it lacks the standout songs of their previous releases. It's one of those weird charming albums that get under your skin, :love:

Wow, Saracene, I agree totally about Mountain Battles. I never tried to articulate it.

I also listen to it as one whole experience, without thinking about any individual tracks.

This is pretty random, but I thought I'd try.

Does anyone here use R a p i d s h a r e often? The free user security access codes are seriously pissing me off. They used to give you just 4 numbers or letters with little kitties in them, and they were easy to decipher.

Now they're giving me more than 4 letters and numbers (and some are indecipherable) with the kitties, and it says to just enter the 4 letters with the cats in them - ignore the numbers.

a) sometimes I can't tell which are the letters
b) sometimes there are 2 letters and 3 numbers - there aren't 4 letters, you jerks!
c) each time I think I can figure out the 4 letters, I enter them and it tells me I'm wrong.

KISS MY ASS, R A P I D S H A R E!

Edit: ah-ha, I have cracked their line of reasoning. You have to find the letters that have the cat that looks exactly like the one pictured. Sneaky bastards.

:mad:

Songs that Pop into My Random I-pod Shuffle:

1. Peter Gabriel-Big Time
2. Sublime-Santeria
3. Neil Diamond-Man of God
4. The Black Crowes-She Talks To Angels
5. Bruce Springsteen-Brilliant Disguise
6. The Beach Boys-Good Vibrations
7. The Clash-Hateful
8. Weezer-Jamie (Blue Album Deluxe)

Tom Petty's Wildflowers. A few songs too long, but without a doubt the best thing he ever recorded. I don't give a shit if it's not a "Heartbreakers" album.

Dug this one out after not having listened to it in years.

Wildflowers is a beautiful thing, yes.

I might have to play it myself.

Not sure if it's the best he's ever recorded, though. But it's up there.

Good call, again.

The title track for Wildflowers will always and forever take me back to drinking Beck's beer with my two best friends in the back of a white minivan in the parking lot of a Mexican restaurant.

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in dragging the ole "Interference CD exchange" back into existence?

We used to take everyone who signed up and then randomly pair people and have them create cd mixes and exchange them. Some people would make mixes for more than one person though. We could always do something different though (exchange albums we love, or something like that).

Whatcha think?

u2popmofo said:
Would anyone be interested in dragging the ole "Interference CD exchange" back into existence?

We used to take everyone who signed up and then randomly pair people and have them create cd mixes and exchange them. Some people would make mixes for more than one person though. We could always do something different though (exchange albums we love, or something like that).

Whatcha think?

I LOVE that idea!

Paul Weller played "Eton Rifles" last nite, for the first time, in like, 25 years.

u2popmofo said:

Whatcha think?

:yes:

:hyper:

corianderstem said:
This is pretty random, but I thought I'd try.

Does anyone here use R a p i d s h a r e often? The free user security access codes are seriously pissing me off. They used to give you just 4 numbers or letters with little kitties in them, and they were easy to decipher.

Now they're giving me more than 4 letters and numbers (and some are indecipherable) with the kitties, and it says to just enter the 4 letters with the cats in them - ignore the numbers.

a) sometimes I can't tell which are the letters
b) sometimes there are 2 letters and 3 numbers - there aren't 4 letters, you jerks!
c) each time I think I can figure out the 4 letters, I enter them and it tells me I'm wrong.

KISS MY ASS, R A P I D S H A R E!

Edit: ah-ha, I have cracked their line of reasoning. You have to find the letters that have the cat that looks exactly like the one pictured. Sneaky bastards.

:mad:

:lmao:

I was pretty pissed when I saw them add the kitties to the letters/numbers too. I have to actually think about it before typing now.

I've tried but listening to Sigur Ros makes my ears bleed.

:uhoh:

I like to listen to them once in a while, but the singer's voice starts grating on me after a while.

corianderstem said:
I like to listen to them once in a while, but the singer's voice starts grating on me after a while.

I think I could like them a lot more if there was no singing.

I could listen to Sigur Ros any time, any where, in any mood, for the rest of my life.

This makes me laugh:
think-aboutos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom