Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Okkervil River, Mogwai, The Cure, and Morrissey in September. I also have tickets to see Sigur Ros and Mogwai in September, and hopefully will also see Ratatat and Why?. Needless to say, it will be a good month.

How did I let this much time go by before hearing the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris album? It's fantastic!

How did I let this much time go by before hearing the Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris album? It's fantastic!

It sure is. And they were also great in concert.
In a few days I hope to get the new Emmylou Harris album (All I Intended To Be). And I'm gonna see her in concert in September! :hyper:

:ohmy:

I just saw the video for Gobbledigook (sp?) by Sigur Rós on MTV (or rather, the bastardised Dutch version). Now, that alone is worthy of an :ohmy: .
But especially when the video has lots of nudity.

Nudity!
On MTV!
:shocked:

What's the world coming too? Before you know it they start showing music videos 24 hours/day again.

BTW, they showed it just before 8 AM, so it wasn't even the middle of the night.
(and following Sigur Rós with a video from Roisin Murphy and then 99 Problems by Jay-Z it was quite a good 15 minutes)

Listening to Hercules And Love Affair's album right now.

I'm REALLY digging this. Unless it gets painfully repetitive in the second half, this is going to score very highly.

The Hercules and Love Affair record is easily one of the best of the year. It cracks something fierce.

Hmm, I really don't think it's all that great myself. There are a few fun tracks, and most of the songs are good if listened to individually, but the entire thing is unbelievably repetitive, far from unique or imaginative for dance music, and quite tiresome to listen to as an album. Regardless, I'll listen to it more and hopefully get more into it. You Belong and Blind are pretty cool.

I think this one might be similar to LCD Soundsystem last year, where they probably sound a little better if you don't normally listen to dance or electronic music, but if you do you realize there is MUCH better out there.

I disagree with Impy (which is rare) about She & Him. It's a refreshing, fun album with zero depth. A lot like Vampire Weekend's debut, except I actually like it.

I disagree with Impy (which is rare) about She & Him. It's a refreshing, fun album with zero depth. A lot like Vampire Weekend's debut, except I actually like it.

Well maybe I'll give it another chance. I'm just really unimpressed with Zooey's voice. I thought she was better when she sang in Elf.

I hate myself for having seen Elf.

Well maybe I'll give it another chance. I'm just really unimpressed with Zooey's voice. I thought she was better when she sang in Elf.

I hate myself for having seen Elf.

Zooey's voice took a while to grow on me. Her pitch is far from perfect, which occasionally causes notes to grate. But when she's on, she's on. Change Is Hard is probably her best vocal.

My friends, this is a wonderful album...

Give_Up-Postal_ServiceX_The_480.jpg

Wait, what year is this?

Damn.

Haha but, yeah, I was just listening to the album earlier today and thought I'd let you guys in on the big secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom