Interference Random Movie Talk X: Dogs and Cats Living Together... Mass Hysteria! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Interference Random Movie Talk X: Dogs and Cats Living Together... Mass Hysteria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
the first six/seven seasons of frasier were brilliant. it helps that i saw it in isolation without having seen cheers before. it then really badly lost momentum and i don't know how they somehow managed a half decent second half to the final season. it wasn't until the later seasons that i even realised there was a laugh track.
That makes sense. I remember watching Cheers on Nick-at-Nite (pre-Fresh Prince) and loving the hell out of that show.

With Frasier, the writing was certainly sharp, never really too funny though, to me. Chuckle-worthy and clever at times, yes, but rarely laugh-out-loud.

Quote:
we can only hope. there are very few occurrences where it helps. it's lucky that most shows i like with one are good enough that i'm laughing at the same time so it doesn't hurt as much.
Most definitely.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Nick-at-Nite (pre-Fresh Prince)
i miss those days.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

They show The George Lopez Show on there now.

It's been off-the-air for 2 years now, it's barely cold.

(When will it be okay for Serious Man quotes to enter the CLICK! lexicon?)
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
When I get a chance to see it.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i know. i think i remember reading that it was a new record. i remember before nick at nite also had its own channel. they showed i love lucy and stuff like that. basically, things that had been off the air for decades. i think anything from this decade (excluding shows that carried over to the early 00s) can wait a few years before being aired.

i just hate that channel for making me sick to death of fresh prince. i used to like that show. now i just think will is a moron.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:19 AM
Quote:
That makes sense. I remember watching Cheers on Nick-at-Nite (pre-Fresh Prince) and loving the hell out of that show.

With Frasier, the writing was certainly sharp, never really too funny though, to me. Chuckle-worthy and clever at times, yes, but rarely laugh-out-loud.
i remember seeing frasier on tv here and enjoying it. when i got the dvds i didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i did, whereas cheers hasn't really had the laugh-out-loud appeal to me.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i know. i think i remember reading that it was a new record. i remember before nick at nite also had its own channel. they showed i love lucy and stuff like that. basically, things that had been off the air for decades. i think anything from this decade (excluding shows that carried over to the early 00s) can wait a few years before being aired.

i just hate that channel for making me sick to death of fresh prince. i used to like that show. now i just think will is a moron.
TV Land is still broadcasting, right? I can understand Nick-at-Nite wanting to skew younger, as long as that channel remains untouched. I love me some Munsters.

Quote:
i remember seeing frasier on tv here and enjoying it. when i got the dvds i didn't expect to enjoy it as much as i did, whereas cheers hasn't really had the laugh-out-loud appeal to me.
I doubt Cheers will hold up, but it's got as likable of a cast as any sitcom that I've ever seen. Except for Shelley Long, of course.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
cheers is one show i never got into, since i was so young when it was on. i just remember thinking diane had a stick up her ass. frasier i liked a little better, though of course some of the stuff went over my head. i was a dumb kid (though some could argue i'm a dumb adult too). i can't remember at what point i stopped watching frasier. i don't recall niles and daphne's wedding at all, so i guess it was before that.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
They show The George Lopez Show on there now.

It's been off-the-air for 2 years now, it's barely cold.

I think a part of my brain exploded when I watched an episode of George Lopez on Nick at Nite that originally aired in 2008 IN 2008.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #10
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
TV Land is still broadcasting, right? I can understand Nick-at-Nite wanting to skew younger, as long as that channel remains untouched. I love me some Munsters.
yep. though tv land isn't much better! right now they're showing roseanne. then the cosby show. at least these are 80s sitcoms, though. i'd just rather there be more variety. instead of two hours blocks of one sitcom, how about one hour? or even just a half hour? that leaves 2-4 times the shows to broadcast. i wish they'd at least show the really old stuff in the middle of the night.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i don't recall niles and daphne's wedding at all, so i guess it was before that.
that wasn't long after the wheels fell off.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
yep. though tv land isn't much better! right now they're showing roseanne. then the cosby show. at least these are 80s sitcoms, though. i'd just rather there be more variety. instead of two hours blocks of one sitcom, how about one hour? or even just a half hour? that leaves 2-4 times the shows to broadcast. i wish they'd at least show the really old stuff in the middle of the night.
Roseanne went well into the '90s though... yikes. With so many TV shows being on DVD now, it kind of renders this kind of channel a little moot, no?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Roseanne went well into the '90s though... yikes. With so many TV shows being on DVD now, it kind of renders this kind of channel a little moot, no?
yeah, this is true. and that's a good point. though the availability of a show on tv will help me determine whether it's worth buying dvds of the series or not. there's countless sitcoms i've loved over the years that i've never bothered buying just because they're on tv all the time.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #14
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
yeah, this is true. and that's a good point. though the availability of a show on tv will help me determine whether it's worth buying dvds of the series or not. there's countless sitcoms i've loved over the years that i've never bothered buying just because they're on tv all the time.
Of course. I traded in my Office DVDs for that very reason. There's no need ever to buy something like Seinfeld or The Simpsons either, I guess.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

funnily enough, the reason i got frasier on dvd was because of how shithouse the scheduling for it was. 6am weekdays, then once a week at 11pm, then mid-afternoon on saturday, then at 6:30pm*, plus it was all out of order....

funnily enough, i don't even know what the latest season i have on dvd is. it might be nine? i'm a completist so i'll eventually collect the set, but that shows how i feel about the later series of the show.

*=how i remember this four years later is beyond me, but there you go.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Of course. I traded in my Office DVDs for that very reason. There's no need ever to buy something like Seinfeld or The Simpsons either, I guess.
agreed.

Quote:
funnily enough, the reason i got frasier on dvd was because of how shithouse the scheduling for it was. 6am weekdays, then once a week at 11pm, then mid-afternoon on saturday, then at 6:30pm, plus it was all out of order....

funnily enough, i don't even know what the latest season i have on dvd is. it might be nine? i'm a completist so i'll eventually collect the set, but that shows how i feel about the later series of the show.
it's pretty random here too. as far as i know, it's only on lifetime at 9 am and 11 pm. given how lifetime is, i assume they show the same episodes in the morning and evening too.

and i know what you mean. i know i'll be buying this season of himym, despite wanting to pretend like it doesn't exist.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i'm even questioning the wisdom in why i own family guy dvds. (comments on the quality of family guy to follow, i presume!)
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:19 AM
New thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
When I get a chance to see it.
Don't worry Peef, we're going to be fine.

Fred Melamed: Great speaking voice or greatest speaking voice?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i'm even questioning the wisdom in why i own family guy dvds. (comments on the quality of family guy to follow, i presume!)
I'd defend Family Guy up until their major comeback. Certain jokes since then have cracked me up.

Seth McFarlane's Cartoon Cavalcade is basically the random jokes from Family Guy without the strained context, and it's funnier for it:

Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Season 1 of Family Guy is bad. Really really really bad. I know people give that show a lot of shit now (it deserves it), but there's a reason that shit got canceled in the first place.