Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We talked about Freud today in my Media Analysis class. The major example was this:

McCoy = id
Spock = ego
Kirk = superego

I fucking hate this class.

Going back to the conversation at the end of the old thread, Without Remorse could be an awesome Clancy film (though it may end up cliche or like The Punisher in the hands of the wrong person). It's one of my favorite Clancy books still. I think it's actually been in "development" as a movie a number of times.

Rainbow Six could be cool, but I can't avoid imagining terrible fake accents and poor casting choices in the squad when I try to think of what a movie version would be like.

I believe Cardinal is another one that has actually had scripts and some attempts previously in Hollywood (similar to Without Remorse). This one probably would be the most interesting idea movie wise.

The other books don't really seem like they'd work to me.

Best Clancy book made into movie?

Hunt For Red October was good but my money is on Patriot Games, Harrison Ford just starting his "angry/wronged/average/father" role that he seems to play in every movie since, kicking all kinds of IRA ass...

Other Points include; a pre badass Sam Jackson, a young and skinny psycho Sean Bean, a semi-intoxicated Richard Harris and a decent soundtrack....

Also, this is one of Ford's better performances, example:

YouTube - "I will F'n Destory You"-Patriot Games

oh and for once, the movie ending was better than the book imo...

Yea, I own The Devils Own, my gawd, you know what has me laughing all the time? There is a long Belfast line that Brad comes out with, like 6 or 10 words long, and the subtitle just shows ONE word, ONE!

I forget which scene but it had me :lol:

It’s that feeling, Harrison wanted to say ‘IRA’.

Patriot Games, isn’t that the one with Harry’s Theme?

The early 90s seemed to have a lot of Irish themed.

I saw The Crying Game, it shoves a lot of mess into your face.

We talked about Freud today in my Media Analysis class. The major example was this:

McCoy = id
Spock = ego
Kirk = superego

I fucking hate this class.
ouch. we didn't even do that in my ap psych class in high school. after german that was the best high school class ever, btw.

to get back on topic though, we watched the shining in the ap psych class though. the best part? all the adult type stuff (the river of blood, lady in the bath, etc.) was edited out by the film teacher cuz otherwise we wouldn't have been able to watch it. it was a great movie, but waaaay better seeing the real version. though the trailer is even better:
YouTube - The Shining Recut

Michael Ironside is in Terminator 4... talk about a That Guy All-Star.

LMP I love you.

Not in a gay way.

Unless you need it to be gay, to get the full blood flow.

Whatever yo.

I love ya Lance. Stop hating on me.

Anyone of you, the best mystery is that JJ Gaybrams was given the saddle on a Trek prequel.

Oh, you say.
Let me give part of the full lowdown.

If you've watched LOST, you know it has only got better.
Abrams wanted a survivor show. A gay ass Gilligan's penis.

Enter Lindleof. He's worth the fanboyness.
I am on board.
Cuse surely helped. And is pretty cool. quite easily competent, Lindelof showed his hand.
When he said he'd read every TT story ever. Which is not possible, he'd surely read a lot. We are onto him.

It better not be all about any one thing.

Drunk U2DMFan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> drunk GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom