Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Proyas, like the article said, would've been the best choice. The problems with I, Robot were far from his fault.

I find that the Foundation series is overrated, but, I'd still have liked to see someone else bring it to the big screen.

How many of them did you read? The first few were a bit dry, but Foundation & Earth and Foundation & Empire were amazing, especially once they merged with the Robot/R. Daneel Olivaw series.

How many of them did you read? The first few were a bit dry, but Foundation & Earth and Foundation & Empire were amazing, especially once they merged with the Robot/R. Daneel Olivaw series.

I read the seven Asimov wrote, none of the Bear/Brin/Benford titles.

Asimov spoke at my HS graduation, actually. Quite a treat.

Did you read the Robot books too? I think Robots of Dawn is one of the greatest sci-fi books I've ever read.

Great cover art, too.

images%5Cthe%20robots%20of%20dawn%20large.jpg

Did you read the Robot books too? I think Robots of Dawn is one of the greatest sci-fi books I've ever read.

Great cover art, too.

images%5Cthe%20robots%20of%20dawn%20large.jpg

You know, the only Asimov titles I read were the Foundation books, so, no. And I've read tons and tons of sci-fi, so you'd think I would have read more by him. :shrug:

Alright, bitches. Listen up. An on-campus theater even more indietastic than the esteemed Alamo Drafthouse currently has Rachel Getting Married and Synecdoche. Which one do I see today?

It's also getting both parts of Che in February, so I can finally see what Lance has his shuttlecock all ruffled for.

You know, the only Asimov titles I read were the Foundation books, so, no. And I've read tons and tons of sci-fi, so you'd think I would have read more by him. :shrug:

I know Asimov is a dry writer, but these books are fantastic. The first two, The Caves of Steel and The Naked Sun are both sci-fi mysteries and kind of a buddy cop story, where a "racist" human has to learn to work with an android to solve a murder (some of these elements were transplanted to the I, Robot movie). They were written further back in Asimov's career, I think in the 50's. He then returned to the two characters in the 80's with Robots of Dawn, and then capped it off with Robots and Empire, which actually dovetails with the final Foundation book.

The first two are easy reads, so it's not much work to get to those two later masterpieces. Seriously, landmark shit. And not as boring as Foundation, believe me.

Alright, bitches. Listen up. An on-campus theater even more indietastic than the esteemed Alamo Drafthouse currently has Rachel Getting Married and Synecdoche. Which one do I see today?

Synecdoche. No contest.

I know Asimov is a dry writer, but these books are fantastic. The first two, The Caves of Steel and The Naked Sun are both sci-fi mysteries and kind of a buddy cop story, where a "racist" human has to learn to work with an android to solve a murder (some of these elements were transplanted to the I, Robot movie). They were written further back in Asimov's career, I think in the 50's. He then returned to the two characters in the 80's with Robots of Dawn, and then capped it off with Robots and Empire, which actually dovetails with the final Foundation book.

The first two are easy reads, so it's not much work to get to those two later masterpieces. Seriously, landmark shit. And not as boring as Foundation, believe me.

Synecdoche. No contest.

Well, first of all, what bores a lot of people sometimes does not serve to bore me, so that's not a worry. I read Foundation so long ago that perhaps I should read all the related books again, in the proper order.

I've purposely never watched I, Robot cos I always assumed that at some point I'd read the books.

True.

But I did just buy a ticket to the Che roadshow edition this week featuring a live Q&A with Benicio Del Toro.

With stuff like this I don't need to be liked to be happy.

It's also getting both parts of Che in February, so I can finally see what Lance has his shuttlecock all ruffled for.

Both are fantastic, but Synecdoche is far superior.

Nice.

All due respect to Nolan and The Dark Knight, but Del Toro's Hell Boy II is the best comic book adaptation I've seen.

Hellboy 2 was a lot of fun and a solid comic book movie... just like Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. Comparing them to The Dark Knight is too unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom