Interference Random Movie Talk III - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #856
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Here's the trailer for the new Coen Bros. 'Burn After Reading'...

Burn After Reading trailer - LiveVideo.com

That shit looks funny. I will be there.
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #857
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick.
I need to PM you guys this kid's response to that. It's a nice read.

And yes, GAF, Burn After Reading looks like a hell of a lot of fun and a welcome thing to see after the supercereal No Country.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #858
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:15 PM
I love David Cronenberg films. So crazy and fun.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #859
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,996
Local Time: 05:15 PM
I just watched The Brood for the first time recently, and that was the last Cronenberg film I had not seen. Not bad, but nowhere near the early classics Scanners or Videodrome.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #860
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
I used to confuse Lynch and Cronenberg all of the time. What would you recommend for Cronenberg aside from his last 2 films with Viggo and the two you already mentioned, Laz? And everyone else?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #861
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I used to confuse Lynch and Cronenberg all of the time. What would you recommend for Cronenberg aside from his last 2 films with Viggo and the two you already mentioned, Laz? And everyone else?
My favorite Cronenberg film is something you'd probably hate but it is called Crash not to be confused with the terrible Oscar winning one. It is graphic and crazy but pretty interesting.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #862
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
My favorite Cronenberg film is something you'd probably hate but it is called Crash not to be confused with the terrible Oscar winning one. It is graphic and crazy but pretty interesting.
James Spader gets a kick out of seeing car crashes? Yeah, doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #863
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Here is a very brief preview of the upcoming Quantum of Solace trailer (I think the full trailer appears on Monday) for all you 007 fanatics...

JoBlo.com Videos: QUANTUM OF SOLACE trailer preview

It whet my appetite at least until Monday. This movie is going to be sex on the silver screen.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Also, has anyone ever been to that site...joblo.com?

I just went there today for the first time and I can't tell if it's just completely sleazy or if it's actually a decent movie website.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #865
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Also, has anyone ever been to that site...joblo.com?

I just went there today for the first time and I can't tell if it's just completely sleazy or if it's actually a decent movie website.
Can't it be both?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being a good site.

I might check it out more often.

I usually stick with AintItPretentiousNews.com though.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #867
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being a good site.

I might check it out more often.

I usually stick with AintItPretentiousNews.com though.
God, I'm going to AICN less and less now. Dark Horizons and Cinematical are my sites of choice nowadays.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #868
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,996
Local Time: 05:15 PM
YLB, for Cronenberg I'd recommend Videodrome and eXistenZ to start, which are companion pieces of a sort, even though they were made like 15 years apart. The latter was his first original screenplay SINCE the former.

And Scanners is definitely a must see. Crash and Naked Lunch are both interesting, but depending on if you've read the source materials, and your attachment/opinion might affect your take on the films. Dead Ringers is a must see, for a brilliant performance by Jeremy Irons as identical twins, and The Fly is DC at his most Hollywood but still very good. He also did one of the better Stephen King adaptations (not necessarily in terms of faithfulness) with The Dead Zone, which has Martin Sheen and Christopher Walken.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #869
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
James Spader gets a kick out of seeing car crashes? Yeah, doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
OH GOD! I thought I had completely blocked that movie from my memory.

I don't know, I mean LMP, you could watch James and Casey from TMNT get it on in the back seat of a car
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #870
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
YLB, for Cronenberg I'd recommend Videodrome and eXistenZ to start, which are companion pieces of a sort, even though they were made like 15 years apart. The latter was his first original screenplay SINCE the former.

And Scanners is definitely a must see. Crash and Naked Lunch are both interesting, but depending on if you've read the source materials, and your attachment/opinion might affect your take on the films. Dead Ringers is a must see, for a brilliant performance by Jeremy Irons as identical twins, and The Fly is DC at his most Hollywood but still very good. He also did one of the better Stephen King adaptations (not necessarily in terms of faithfulness) with The Dead Zone, which has Martin Sheen and Christopher Walken.
I'd been looking at eXistenZ, heard about its similarities to The Matrix. One of my buddies recommended Naked Lunch to me as well. The Dead Zone... http://www.fanpop.com/spots/christop...videos/1240007

Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh, and the Woody box set just went back in stock and has already been shipped out to me! Good time all around.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
 

Tags
movies

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com