Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, gang. I just got a Netflix account.

My queue at present:

1. 3:10 to Yuma
2. High Fidelity (I've never seen it all the way through)
3. Eagle vs. Shark
4. Michael Clayton
5. Gone Baby Gone
6. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 1)
7. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 2)
8. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 3)
9. The Assassination of Jesse James blah blah blah blah
10. Into the Wild
11. Breach
12. Half Nelson
13. Election (saw this in the theater nine years ago at the tender age of 11, so there's no doubt I didn't understand it)
14. Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
15. The Last King of Scotland
16. The Science of Sleep
17. Layer Cake
18. Capote
19. The Last Kiss

What's next, guys? What do you reckon I should go for?

Edit: What the hell, if you want to be my Netflix friend-o:

http://www.net flix.com/BeMyFriend/P8GgJOgS6KXCEdcKmMfQ

Last edited:
I hope you do. It's got elements of classic sci-fi: 2001, the original Solaris, and Alien, but also an bit from Event Horizon... which isn't a great comparison to be drawn to, in my opinion, at least.

If you have any complaints about it, it will be in the final 1/3, most likely.

I have never seen the original Solairs or Event Horizon. But I know what you mean.

I'm looking forward to it, and my expectations are modest. Being a Sci-fi fan (despite now having seen those 2 films) likely means I'll enjoy it more than the average viewer.

No spoken words said:
I'm looking forward to it, and my expectations are modest. Being a Sci-fi fan (despite now having seen those 2 films) likely means I'll enjoy it more than the average viewer.

Good.

It was one of the first times I went into a movie knowing almost nothing about it beside the basic plot and I really enjoyed it. My only worry, like I've said before, is if it'll transfer as well to home viewing from theater viewing.

Back to impy's movie list, get some Coen Bros. stuff if you haven't already, like Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, and The Hudsucker Proxy. Just as accomplished and great as their more widely-known films.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Coens, my adjusted best film list:

1. No Country for Old Men
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Miller's Crossing
4. Barton Fink
5. Fargo
6. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
7. The Man Who Wasn't There
8. The Hudsucker Proxy
9. Blood Simple.
10. Raising Arizona
11. Intolerable Cruelty
Not interested in The Ladykillers.

But a few months after seeing it, No Country has stuck with me longer than any of their other films, apart from Lebowski, while the exact opposite happened to The Man Who Wasn't There - hate to break your heart, Laz.

Your thoughts?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Speaking of the Coens, my adjusted best film list:

1. No Country for Old Men
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Miller's Crossing
4. Barton Fink
5. Fargo
6. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
7. The Man Who Wasn't There
8. The Hudsucker Proxy
9. Blood Simple.
10. Raising Arizona
11. Intolerable Cruelty
Not interested in The Ladykillers.

But a few months after seeing it, No Country has stuck with me longer than any of their other films, apart from Lebowski, while the exact opposite happened to The Man Who Wasn't There - hate to break your heart, Laz.

Your thoughts?

You're gonna be the man who wasn't there in a few days.

I agree with Dalton. The Hudsucker Proxy is the most consistently underrated of their films.

And you've seen the original Solaris?! How did that happen?

No, I haven't seen the original Solaris, but I've read about the similarities and seen some shot-by-shot evidence.

Alright, Sunshine has been added to the queue.

It's got 34 ahead of it though.

Touch of Evil should be coming on from NetFlix after my sister watches Rataouille and my parents watch American Gangster.

I'll probably finish The Insider tonight and save Ambersons for the weekend.

I'm having a movie night with my friends tomorrow night. We'll either watch Lebowski or Big Trouble in Little China, not sure which one yet.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Touch of Evil should be coming on from NetFlix after my sister watches Rataouille and my parents watch American Gangster.

I'll probably finish The Insider tonight and save Ambersons for the weekend.

I'm having a movie night with my friends tomorrow night. We'll either watch Lebowski or Big Trouble in Little China, not sure which one yet.

What about your lady friend? Huh? What's she supposed to do?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Take whatever I give her and enjoy it.

05roshd1.jpg
Quick_N_Easy_Cocktail_Franks.jpg

It'd be hard to do a side-by-side comparison to that picture, but I'll agree.

anyone know anything about Terrence Malick's Tree of Life? I don't even know what it will be about but I've been excited since seeing it on imdb, plus it helps that Sean Penn is on the castlist. Apparently Brad Pitt is also in it and is currently filming in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom