Interference Random Movie Talk III - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #496
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:48 PM
I loved Signs but totally understand why some people really didn't like it.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #497
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
What makes you think it's going to blow? Is there bad buzz? Do you not like the trailer? Are you just going in with low expectations because of the last two?
All of the above, actually.

I try not to put much stock into reviews, but when I found out about the "twist" of the movie, which thankfully isn't as pronounced as his other films, I thought it was twice as retarded. Apparently, Marky Mark is all types of awful in this movie and I'm a fan of his.

I'm going in with low expectations because his last 2 films were incredibly poor. I do think Shyamalan's a good director, but terrible screenwriter and egomaniac. His films have only gotten worse, in my opinion, as he's gone on making more of them (although it would be hard to top The Sixth Sense). Unbreakable's really underrated, especially Sam Jackson's performance, and Signs is great except for the last 20-30 minutes. After that, it's a first-class ticket to Shitville.

I do hope it's a good movie though. Shyamalan's obviously a talented guy and should live up to his potential as a filmmaker.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:59 AM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

I love all of Shyamalan's movies, except for Lady in the Water... I admit I only have seen it once, but I just couldn't get into it. I really like Signs and The Village but my favorite above all is Unbreakable.
I don't know, the newest trailor isn't getting my interest so much, but I won't judge it by that. I'll go see it.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
. I do think Shyamalan's a good director, but terrible screenwriter and egomaniac. His films have only gotten worse, in my opinion, as he's gone on making more of them (although it would be hard to top The Sixth Sense). Unbreakable's really underrated, especially Sam Jackson's performance, and Signs is great except for the last 20-30 minutes. After that, it's a first-class ticket to Shitville.

It needs to be noted, per your "egomaniac" comment, that the guy keeps unnecessarily giving himself significant roles in his films that would be better played by real actors.

He also is completely unworthy of the Name Above The Title status that he's awarded himself, when more talented writer directors decline to do so (Woody Allen, for example).

He's a douche.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:48 PM
I would rather watch a hundred movies by this "douche" then one by someone genuinely untalented like Uwe Boll...

Unbreakable is far and away my favorite of his, in fact, it's probably one of my favorite movies period.

With regards to the Happening, I think it looks pretty good, it's his first R rated film and judging by the trailer I can see why. I'm not expecting it to be some transcendent piece of art here...
Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:48 PM
Shyamalan's a douche, Boll's a douche, Bay's a douche, they're all the same. Some just have more talent then others, and almost none deserve all the money they make.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #502
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
It needs to be noted, per your "egomaniac" comment, that the guy keeps unnecessarily giving himself significant roles in his films that would be better played by real actors.

He also is completely unworthy of the Name Above The Title status that he's awarded himself, when more talented writer directors decline to do so (Woody Allen, for example).

He's a douche.
My favorite's when he wrote himself as the guy who'd write the most important book in the world in Lady in the Water. That's a stretch.

Don't forget Brett Ratner in the Douche List. Obviously the perfect guy for Beverly Hills Cop 4. Why even bother? I love the first one, but Eddie Murphy's not even close to being as funny as he was in the '80s.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #503
Blue Crack Distributor

I guess this is random enough ...

I got back to my desk after being away for a few minutes and was told by a coworker: "Hey, Will Smith is apparently here in the building for like the next 10 minutes. He's in conference room blahblahblah."

Hello, random! I went up to see if I could get a glimpse of a random celebrity, but alas, I missed him. He was apparently here to chat with our CEO, but I have no idea what about. We get random celebs and politicians popping in from time to time - it's how I met Bono in '04.

(If you're wondering, I work for a large, caffeinated company in Seattle. )
Old 05-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #504
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:48 PM
I think I'm the only person other than M. Night that actually liked Lady In The Water. I found Signs meh, though. It had so little impact on me, I barely even remember it.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #505
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I guess this is random enough ...

I got back to my desk after being away for a few minutes and was told by a coworker: "Hey, Will Smith is apparently here in the building for like the next 10 minutes. He's in conference room blahblahblah."

Hello, random! I went up to see if I could get a glimpse of a random celebrity, but alas, I missed him. He was apparently here to chat with our CEO, but I have no idea what about. We get random celebs and politicians popping in from time to time - it's how I met Bono in '04.

(If you're wondering, I work for a large, caffeinated company in Seattle. )
Aw hell naw!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #506
Blue Crack Distributor

I probably wouldn't have been able to see him anyway - I bet there were a crowd of cell phones raised in the air for pictures. Like being in GA at a U2 concert when Bono comes around.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #507
Blue Crack Supplier

Will Smith, Cori, and a dog as the last survivors of Earth FTW.

I
AM
CRARKY
Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #508
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I ARE CRARKY would be Justin's opinion.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #509
The Male

Quote:
I loved Signs but totally understand why some people really didn't like it.
I loved Signs as well, but I'm not sure about the rest of Shyamalan's work. Didn't everyone hate The Village? It looked like the dullest pile of crap imaginable.

Now.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #510
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I loved Signs as well, but I'm not sure about the rest of Shyamalan's work. Didn't everyone hate The Village? It looked like the dullest pile of crap imaginable.
One of the worst thrillers I've seen, but as a comedy, it's hilarious.

Tags
movies