Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I have the Inglorious Bastards script that's been making the rounds.

Anyone want a copy?

Have you read all of it so far?

Thanks for offering, but I don't want to get too spoiled, you know?

Oh well.

I've read the first chapter and a little bit of the second so far, 20-some pages.

It's a pretty nice departure from what he's done before so far, but all his script trademarks are still there, and the dialogue is still razor sharp. I like it. :up: Not sure how much of it I'll read though. Probably a bit more.

If by "all over it" you mean "vomit all over it", then yes.

When the irresistible snark collides with the immovable sap, what happens?

Some real zen shit there.

If by "all over it" you mean "vomit all over it", then yes.

When the irresistible snark collides with the immovable sap, what happens?

Some real zen shit there.

I'm sure it fills your 8th Level of Hell.

Apparently Sir Stevie was interested in directing Juno and American Beauty... crazy stuff.

12 Monkeys.

Solaris (either version).

Dark City

Cube & Cube 2: Hypercube.

Gattaca.

eXistenZ.

The Abyss.

A Scanner Darkly.

Not too many out there. Most of the intelligent sci-fi past and present is on television.

12 Monkeys.

Solaris (either version).

Dark City

Cube & Cube 2: Hypercube.

Gattaca.

eXistenZ.

The Abyss.

A Scanner Darkly.

Not too many out there. Most of the intelligent sci-fi past and present is on television.

Nice, Laz. You seem to know exactly what I was was getting at.
12 monkeys, Solaris, 2001, Contact, vein.

I forgot about Gattaca altogether. I'll have to see that for sure, soon, especially after watching Henry and June again recently. Uma :drool:
Have yet to see 'A Scanner Darkly' and wanted to, totally forgot.
That's Linklater, if I remember right? Like his stuff.

Have seen The Abyss and Dark City (both excellent) and fucking loved both versions of Solaris/Solyaris. I think the remake was maybe better, although that's not what cool kids say.

Existenz, that's Cronenberg, right? another one I haven't seen. Shit.
I read some good stuff (years ago) about this one.

Cube and Cube 2? I am going to have to check those out. No idea.

Now, I've seen Brazil but it was years ago.

I might have been like 12/13 or some shit. Joshua Tree era.
Can't say I would have appreciated it fully at that time.

But Time Bandits (Gilliam again, right?) was kick ass. I still think it was great although not as great as I remembered (later on). Midgets are worth half a 'star' at least. Nostalgia FTW.

Like Blade Runner, I'll have to go back and make sure I taste the whole experience. I saw Blade Runner 15 times on HBO in 1985 (whatever) but I never had a 'real' boner for it until I was older. Literally.

It seems that there are so many films that you loved as a kid and you see them later and they are God-awful. A few exceptions to his are John Carpenters' The Thing and Escape From New York. Which are probably better than Citizen Kane and The Godfathers 1 and 2 combined. Okay, I know, seriously...certainly better.

Now, I've seen Brazil but it was years ago.

I might have been like 12/13 or some shit. Joshua Tree era.
Can't say I would have appreciated it fully at that time.

But Time Bandits (Gilliam again, right?) was kick ass. I still think it was great although not as great as I remembered (later on). Midgets are worth half a 'star' at least. Nostalgia FTW.

Like Blade Runner, I'll have to go back and make sure I taste the whole experience. I saw Blade Runner 15 times on HBO in 1985 (whatever) but I never had a 'real' boner for it until I was older. Literally.

It seems that there are so many films that you loved as a kid and you see them later and they are God-awful. A few exceptions to his are John Carpenters' The Thing and Escape From New York. Which are probably better than Citizen Kane and The Godfathers 1 and 2 combined. Okay, I know, seriously...certainly better.

Time Bandits is indeed Gilliam and it's a great little film. Cracks my shit up each time, especially David Warner as Evil. "Benson, sweet Benson....so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence". Love it. Cleese as Robin Hood FTW.

You know what? If Bale's in, then I'm in. Fuck it.

AGREED

I have to admit, I seem to get excited and end up going to all of the "classic series of my youth" movies despite if they look good or terrible (the Aliens vs. Predator movies for example....). At least this looks good, and Bale generally isn't in crap. I'll keep my hopes up.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing TDK, I haven't even seen it yet, but fucking #1?

If you never thought the IMDB Top 250 was a joke before though, I mean shit. I never thought I'd see a movie bump the Godfather from #1 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom