Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has their ever been an actor you cannot stand, yet you liked him in one thing?

For me, that's Tim Allen. Cannot stand him, his TV series sucked, his movies make me cringe....but, he was the lead in Galaxy Quest, and I like that movie a lot.

So, anyway, am flipping around today, and it's on.....so I'm watching.....and fucking Dwight Schrute is one of the aliens!!! The second he opened his mouth, I yelled "Dwight fucking Schrute".

So, yeah, this is how I kill time before going to a BBQ.

I remember seeing him for the first time, too. I still love that the only likable character from Just Shoot Me was the main alien, and he was on Veronica Mars, so there's that. Galaxy Quest is very near and dear to my heart as well. Tony Shalhoub cracks me up during the whole thing, too.

NSW, I'm watching Dune all the way through today. Patrick Stewart's random polygonal knife fight fucking killed me.

What are your guys' thoughts on the new print of Metropolis that's just been discovered this past week?

I'm glad I've been holding out on seeing it - it'd be amazing to see it for the first time in it's close-to-completed form at least.

Bug

Solid, if somewhat baffling, film about paranoia and loneliness, with great performances from Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon. It's just a relief to see a new William Friedkin film that isn't completely crap.

The play was better.

Edit: Have I just posted in the wrong thread? I think I have.

It's okay. I saw this movie more for Judd than for Friedkin, who as you pointed out hasn't make a decent film in god knows how long. As I expected, she was electrifying and certainly more deserving of an Oscar nomination than most other actresses last year. Shannon was creepy as all hell, but a little OTT.

Not for everyone.

Roaring fires....malt beeeeeeer. Oh, wait, wrong film.

What the fuck was that? Sala/Gimli showing up as an Atriedes? I'm confused.

It's a mission debrief from the Dune 2000 game. I had that same reaction... I stumbled upon it on YouTube and had to share.

I cannot wait to see this. I wonder who else he'd cast, Pitt's an awesome choice.

Between Burn After Reading and Benjamin Button this year, he has a damn good shot, more for the latter likely. And if not, next year we have some Tree of Life action, hopefully "Inglourious Basterds", and Aronofsky's The Fighter to increase the odds.

Between Burn After Reading and Benjamin Button this year, he has a damn good shot, more for the latter likely. And if not, next year we have some Tree of Life action, hopefully "Inglourious Basterds", and Aronofsky's The Fighter to increase the odds.

Definitely. I'd love to see Hugh Jackman get a nod for Australia, too. He got shafted in '06 after being tremendous in The Fountain and The Prestige.

Has David Fincher even been nominated for an Oscar before? I know Wes Anderson has, but it was for writing, not directing.

I'm actually of the opinion that most people take that shit way too seriously when the Ewok's were only a small part of the film's story. "ZOMGS Jedi sukcs so much wookie dick! Come on, like teh entire Empire would be destroyed by a small group midget bears! sellout kiddie bullshit, blarg...." and so on. Because that's exactly what happens in the movie anyway. :rolleyes:

The Ewoks are one thing. I don't like them, I have more of a problem with the muppets at the beginning, namely Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles, and Max Rebo. All three of those guys are worse than Jar Jar, in my opinion, and don't even serve any kind of narrative or thematic point. It's just "kiddie bullshit", and I don't think those complaints are invalid.

They should've just been Wookies, that's all there is to it. The whole "Vietnam" allegory would've still held up, and it would've been more believable to watch Wookies fuck Stormtroopers' shit up, but Ewoks sell toys.

Laz, I thought you loved Max Rebo: The Blue Elephant.

The Ewoks are one thing. I don't like them, I have more of a problem with the muppets at the beginning, namely Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles, and Max Rebo. All three of those guys are worse than Jar Jar, in my opinion, and don't even serve any kind of narrative or thematic point. It's just "kiddie bullshit", and I don't think those complaints are invalid.

I didn't even mind the Max Rebo band originaly but then came the special eddition :shudder:

Carrie Anne Moss in leather. I can't tell if I want to fight her or hump her leg like a pervert at a fetish fair.

Either way, I'm going home with a bloody nose and a smile.

One day he's into quadrapalegics, the next day he wants to get his ass kicked.

Make up your mind, pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom