Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Fucksticks,

Have a sip of this:

the_warriors.jpg

-NSW

If I were to make a list it would probably be 90% of what you picked.

That's cool, but you'd at least form your own opinions on them and do it, you know? If I change a rating or say I want to see it, he mimics it. I should be this irritated, but it just pisses me off.

I can't view those lists.

But my advice, as always, is to go Powerjuice on his ass.

I can't view those lists.

But my advice, as always, is to go Powerjuice on his ass.

I'll give you a sampler:

Me:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. GoodFellas
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Schindler's List
5. Magnolia
6. Heat
7. Rushmore
8. Fight Club
9. The Big Lebowski
10. Boogie Nights

Him:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. GoodFellas
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Schindler's List
5. The Big Lebowski
6. Magnolia
7. Rushmore
8. Heat
9. Boogie Nights
10. Fight Club

I'll quit blabbering about it now. Sorry, fellas.

Apocalypse Mike is gonna be all over your lady friend next, YLB.

Watch yo back.

She can go powerjuice on his ass, too.

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick.

I need to PM you guys this kid's response to that. It's a nice read.

And yes, GAF, Burn After Reading looks like a hell of a lot of fun and a welcome thing to see after the supercereal No Country.

I just watched The Brood for the first time recently, and that was the last Cronenberg film I had not seen. Not bad, but nowhere near the early classics Scanners or Videodrome.

I used to confuse Lynch and Cronenberg all of the time. What would you recommend for Cronenberg aside from his last 2 films with Viggo and the two you already mentioned, Laz? And everyone else?

I used to confuse Lynch and Cronenberg all of the time. What would you recommend for Cronenberg aside from his last 2 films with Viggo and the two you already mentioned, Laz? And everyone else?

My favorite Cronenberg film is something you'd probably hate but it is called Crash not to be confused with the terrible Oscar winning one. It is graphic and crazy but pretty interesting.

My favorite Cronenberg film is something you'd probably hate but it is called Crash not to be confused with the terrible Oscar winning one. It is graphic and crazy but pretty interesting.

James Spader gets a kick out of seeing car crashes? Yeah, doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Also, has anyone ever been to that site...joblo.com?

I just went there today for the first time and I can't tell if it's just completely sleazy or if it's actually a decent movie website. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being a good site.

I might check it out more often.

I usually stick with AintItPretentiousNews.com though.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being a good site.

I might check it out more often.

I usually stick with AintItPretentiousNews.com though.

God, I'm going to AICN less and less now. Dark Horizons and Cinematical are my sites of choice nowadays.

YLB, for Cronenberg I'd recommend Videodrome and eXistenZ to start, which are companion pieces of a sort, even though they were made like 15 years apart. The latter was his first original screenplay SINCE the former.

And Scanners is definitely a must see. Crash and Naked Lunch are both interesting, but depending on if you've read the source materials, and your attachment/opinion might affect your take on the films. Dead Ringers is a must see, for a brilliant performance by Jeremy Irons as identical twins, and The Fly is DC at his most Hollywood but still very good. He also did one of the better Stephen King adaptations (not necessarily in terms of faithfulness) with The Dead Zone, which has Martin Sheen and Christopher Walken.

James Spader gets a kick out of seeing car crashes? Yeah, doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

OH GOD! I thought I had completely blocked that movie from my memory.

I don't know, I mean LMP, you could watch James and Casey from TMNT get it on in the back seat of a car :shrug:

YLB, for Cronenberg I'd recommend Videodrome and eXistenZ to start, which are companion pieces of a sort, even though they were made like 15 years apart. The latter was his first original screenplay SINCE the former.

And Scanners is definitely a must see. Crash and Naked Lunch are both interesting, but depending on if you've read the source materials, and your attachment/opinion might affect your take on the films. Dead Ringers is a must see, for a brilliant performance by Jeremy Irons as identical twins, and The Fly is DC at his most Hollywood but still very good. He also did one of the better Stephen King adaptations (not necessarily in terms of faithfulness) with The Dead Zone, which has Martin Sheen and Christopher Walken.

I'd been looking at eXistenZ, heard about its similarities to The Matrix. One of my buddies recommended Naked Lunch to me as well. The Dead Zone... http://www.fanpop.com/spots/christopher-walken/videos/1240007

Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh, and the Woody box set just went back in stock and has already been shipped out to me! Good time all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom