Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Will Smith needs to team up with Shamalamadingdong, so we can get an "Aww Hayll Naww!" when the twist at the end comes.

Or maybe Shama can cast himself as the cool cat who teaches Smith how to pick up women.

Yet another sign that the well has run dry in Hollywood, Donnie Darko 2 anyone?

I understand that the opinion on the original is split pretty much down the middle but I think we can all agree that the idea of a sequel has got disaster written all over it. :down:

anyone see this, yet?

Johnny Depp and director Tim Burton may team up again to bring

"Dark Shadows"

to the big screen.

Remember that great ghoulish soap?

Nothing is official yet, but the project is already in development at Depp's production company, according to IESB.net.

My god, the fanboy/fangirl drooling over this is going to be nauseating. If Sweeney Todd wasn't the ultimate misfit-goth wet dream, this is.

And this is coming from someone who thinks the original TV show was pretty cool.

I imagine only NSW and MS are likely to know about this, but I'll throw it out there:

Anyone familiar with an early 70's BBC show called Survivors? Freema Agyeman from the new Doctor Who series was just cast in a remake, and it led me to hunt down the original.

Apparently it was created by Terry Nation, who brought us the Daleks as well as the Blake's 7 series, which is an impressive pedigree. I've only seen one episode so far, but it seems very soap-opera in tone, very character driven. Imagine 28 Days Later without the zombies and action. Of course this may change, but considering the production value of similar shows from that era it will rely more on the writing, which is fine by me. Like Blake's 7, Nation wrote the majority of the episodes for the first season, so it should reflect its creator's sensibility pretty consistently.

More later as I dig deeper...

I imagine only NSW and MS are likely to know about this, but I'll throw it out there:

Anyone familiar with an early 70's BBC show called Survivors? Freema Agyeman from the new Doctor Who series was just cast in a remake, and it led me to hunt down the original.

Apparently it was created by Terry Nation, who brought us the Daleks as well as the Blake's 7 series, which is an impressive pedigree. I've only seen one episode so far, but it seems very soap-opera in tone, very character driven. Imagine 28 Days Later without the zombies and action. Of course this may change, but considering the production value of similar shows from that era it will rely more on the writing, which is fine by me. Like Blake's 7, Nation wrote the majority of the episodes for the first season, so it should reflect its creator's sensibility pretty consistently.

More later as I dig deeper...

Last year I thought I read in one of the trades that the BBC were remaking this......

*plea to Hollywood*

Please make a 3rd Tomb Raider movie
Please make a Metal Gear Solid movie
Please STOP with all the violent sh*t movies like Saw, Hills have Eyes, etc. – there are too many coming out and an excess of gory sh*te is so not the way forward. Its like half of you Writers are wanting to flip-the-feck out mentally and express it in these type of movies! I hope it’s a phase!
Please STOP being so bored and out of ideas that these days comedies like PS I Love You, etc that ALL appear to be of similar content, you may as well combine 10 different plots onto one DVD at a going rate of 4 hours.

For goodness sake, bring back some good home entertainment mother and daughter type movies like Stella, Beaches, etc. there is bollox all I can rent to share now.

Nuff said.

Why make a 3rd Tomb Raider movie if the other two are kind of shit?

I pretty much agree with the rest of what you say, though.

Ah, the irony of saying writers are out of ideas, and then calling for two films based on fucking VIDEO GAMES, one of which is a third installment.

Saw The Kite Runner last night. It was pretty good, a different movie but I don't like spending a lot of effort reading subtitles!

Also saw Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont and loved it. Rupert Friend was a great star as an up and coming actor. It was a very sweet endearing story. Loved it! :up:

I honestly can't see how Kite Runner will be good after reading the book. All of the lukewarm or less responses I've seen have come from those who read the book, and vice-versa.

By the way, just got a good collection of DVDs after my birthday party including Goodfellas, Punch-Drunk Love, Miller's Crossing, No Country for Old Men, Fargo / Raising Arizona two-pack, and Walk Hard, plus $$$ to spend elsewhere. I'm excited. A pretty Coen-tastic birthday indeed.

Last edited:
So seriously, where is Lance?

Anyone hear from him privately?

Did he get arrested for stalking after a She & Him concert?

What gives?

Because if a Lance's Mom joke falls in the virtual forest, and Lance's isn't there to read it, was the joke ever really made? Or something.

He hasn't been on Facebook either. Laz right now:

therewillbebloodbaptism1.JPG

"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD! I'VE ABANDONED MY BOYYY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom