Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premiere in one year? I'm doubtful, but even a premiere by the end of next year for I.B. would be awesome. Has he even started casting yet, outside of the same rumors that have been circulating for years?

Anyway, here's an awesome Watchmen picture instead:

mmpic.jpg

I don't think there's been any offical casting news, just a bunch of people either assuming stuff or taking actual quotes out of context and running with them.

And going by everything I've seen for Watchmen so far, Snyder certainly seems to have nailed the look of the film. Those costumes are awesome.

Watchmen and Inglorious Bastards.

I haven't seen a Tarantino movie that I don't like, including Death Proof.

I'm probably going to get pellted for this, but is anyone else remotely interested in the new Shyamalan film; The Happening?

Here is "the Red Band" trailer which gets a thumbs up from me for disturbing imagery:

YouTube - The Happening (2008) Official Red Band Internet Trailer #1

I haven't been a fan of Marky Mark (since he left the Funky Bunch) but it could be interesting...

Also, who wants to rip a fat-ass blunt with me and go see The Strangers on Friday???

StrangersMoviePoster2.jpg

Looks scaryyyyyy!!!!! :ohmy:

I didn't want to see The Village after I heard the twist. I had no interest whatsoever in Lady In the Water. But damn, do I want to see The Happening!

The Strangers is probably really, really shitty, but I have to admit - the trailer freaks the ever-loving-crap out of me.

What makes you think it's going to blow? Is there bad buzz? Do you not like the trailer? Are you just going in with low expectations because of the last two?

I actually loved The Village, it was Signs that I didn't really care for
and I'll definitely be watching The Happening, probably not with high expectations
but I find SHymasjanjsdbnsnjlalaan's movies entertaining, and on rare occasions
that's all I need from a movie

What makes you think it's going to blow? Is there bad buzz? Do you not like the trailer? Are you just going in with low expectations because of the last two?

All of the above, actually.

I try not to put much stock into reviews, but when I found out about the "twist" of the movie, which thankfully isn't as pronounced as his other films, I thought it was twice as retarded. Apparently, Marky Mark is all types of awful in this movie and I'm a fan of his.

I'm going in with low expectations because his last 2 films were incredibly poor. I do think Shyamalan's a good director, but terrible screenwriter and egomaniac. His films have only gotten worse, in my opinion, as he's gone on making more of them (although it would be hard to top The Sixth Sense). Unbreakable's really underrated, especially Sam Jackson's performance, and Signs is great except for the last 20-30 minutes. After that, it's a first-class ticket to Shitville.

I do hope it's a good movie though. Shyamalan's obviously a talented guy and should live up to his potential as a filmmaker.

I love all of Shyamalan's movies, except for Lady in the Water... I admit I only have seen it once, but I just couldn't get into it. I really like Signs and The Village but my favorite above all is Unbreakable. :drool:
I don't know, the newest trailor isn't getting my interest so much, but I won't judge it by that. I'll go see it.

. I do think Shyamalan's a good director, but terrible screenwriter and egomaniac. His films have only gotten worse, in my opinion, as he's gone on making more of them (although it would be hard to top The Sixth Sense). Unbreakable's really underrated, especially Sam Jackson's performance, and Signs is great except for the last 20-30 minutes. After that, it's a first-class ticket to Shitville.

It needs to be noted, per your "egomaniac" comment, that the guy keeps unnecessarily giving himself significant roles in his films that would be better played by real actors.

He also is completely unworthy of the Name Above The Title status that he's awarded himself, when more talented writer directors decline to do so (Woody Allen, for example).

He's a douche.

:rolleyes: I would rather watch a hundred movies by this "douche" then one by someone genuinely untalented like Uwe Boll...

Unbreakable is far and away my favorite of his, in fact, it's probably one of my favorite movies period.

With regards to the Happening, I think it looks pretty good, it's his first R rated film and judging by the trailer I can see why. I'm not expecting it to be some transcendent piece of art here...

Shyamalan's a douche, Boll's a douche, Bay's a douche, they're all the same. Some just have more talent then others, and almost none deserve all the money they make.

It needs to be noted, per your "egomaniac" comment, that the guy keeps unnecessarily giving himself significant roles in his films that would be better played by real actors.

He also is completely unworthy of the Name Above The Title status that he's awarded himself, when more talented writer directors decline to do so (Woody Allen, for example).

He's a douche.

My favorite's when he wrote himself as the guy who'd write the most important book in the world in Lady in the Water. That's a stretch.

Don't forget Brett Ratner in the Douche List. Obviously the perfect guy for Beverly Hills Cop 4. Why even bother? I love the first one, but Eddie Murphy's not even close to being as funny as he was in the '80s.

I guess this is random enough ...

I got back to my desk after being away for a few minutes and was told by a coworker: "Hey, Will Smith is apparently here in the building for like the next 10 minutes. He's in conference room blahblahblah."

Hello, random! I went up to see if I could get a glimpse of a random celebrity, but alas, I missed him. He was apparently here to chat with our CEO, but I have no idea what about. We get random celebs and politicians popping in from time to time - it's how I met Bono in '04.

(If you're wondering, I work for a large, caffeinated company in Seattle. :shifty: )

I guess this is random enough ...

I got back to my desk after being away for a few minutes and was told by a coworker: "Hey, Will Smith is apparently here in the building for like the next 10 minutes. He's in conference room blahblahblah."

Hello, random! I went up to see if I could get a glimpse of a random celebrity, but alas, I missed him. He was apparently here to chat with our CEO, but I have no idea what about. We get random celebs and politicians popping in from time to time - it's how I met Bono in '04.

(If you're wondering, I work for a large, caffeinated company in Seattle. :shifty: )

Aw hell naw!

I probably wouldn't have been able to see him anyway - I bet there were a crowd of cell phones raised in the air for pictures. Like being in GA at a U2 concert when Bono comes around. :grumpy:

I loved Signs as well, but I'm not sure about the rest of Shyamalan's work. Didn't everyone hate The Village? It looked like the dullest pile of crap imaginable.

One of the worst thrillers I've seen, but as a comedy, it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom