Interference Random Movie Talk III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancemc said:
Anyone hear the rumor going around about Ridley Scott directing an adaptation of Brave New World written by the guy who wrote Gattaca, starring Leo DiCaprio?

No, but that sounds interesting. I haven't read the book, it's on the list for my English class next year though.

I had to read it for AP Lit a few years ago. Don't remember too much about it.

And despite Scott's severely hit-or-miss track record during the past...25 years or so, it's becoming more difficult to get excited over anything he's involved with. ALTHOUGH, he hasn't really touched the sci-fi genre since his epic Alien/Blade Runner combo... and we all know how that turned out. :ohmy:

It seems like the time for adaptations of Sci-Fi book classics now more than ever.

Rendezvous with Rama directed by David Fincher may get out there in '09 or '10. Ender's Game is in pre-production, so it'll probably come out in '09, too. And even if this is from a recent novel, it looks pretty badass: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36229

And a new Halo spec script is out based on the Fall of Reach book. Couple these with Avatar and Star Trek and it's a great time to be a Sci-Fi nerd.

"the guy who wrote Gattaca" is also the director of the film, Andrew Niccol, and is also the guy who wrote The Truman Show, and wrote/directed SimOne and Lord of War. He's very talented, and personally I'd rather see him direct it himself. Gattaca, in my opinion, is as good, if not better than Blade Runner, even if not as influential.

That Rama/Fincher thing has been a rumor for AGES. I wouldn't hold my breath. He's been attached to like 5 other projects since.

Speaking of old rumors, visionary video director Chris Cunningham was slated to do William Gibson's Neuromancer, but god knows what's going on with that.

Chris Cunningham is quite the remarkable video artist. That project could be pretty insane.

I haven't seen Gattaca, though I've only heard remarkable things about it. It's definitely on the to-see list. I did think The Truman Show and Lord of War were both pretty good though. But I won't take your word for it. You are the most idiotic poster on Interference.

WATCHPEANUTS:

Watchpeanuts.jpg

Brilliant. You probably won't enjoy that as much without knowledge of the source material.

The artist's website:

http://explodingmoose.blogspot.com/

Even given my very limited knowledge of the comic, that picture's pretty damn funny.

My only gripe is that Linus should have been Nite Owl, who's definitely the nerdiest of the Watchmen, and should have just switched with Pig Pen, who better fits The Comedian.

Gattaca is a friggin' great movie. I don't hold it in as high of a regard as Blade Runner, but it's definitely upper-tier thinking man's sci-fi.

Somehow I just ended up watching Alien.

Probably the most perfect horror film I've ever seen, and for whatever reason, this was the most satisfying viewing I can remember having for this flick.

This was also the first time I realized just how perfect Ash's betrayal is in this film.

Lancemc said:
and for whatever reason, this was the most satisfying viewing I can remember having for this flick.

I can guess why. I'll bet you were doing a little puppetry trying to restage the John Hurt dinner table scene through your zipper.

_40376733_alien_story203.jpg

Wow, looks like something you'd find in your mom's drawer.

Lancemc said:
This was also the first time I realized just how perfect Ash's betrayal is in this film.

I love the play on that between Bishop and Ripley in Aliens, too.

NSW asked me to say hi to Laz and Lance for him.

So "hi," but imagine a picture of Unicron beneath it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom