Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend of mine is doing Ridley Scott for a "Director's Analysis" project in his film class. I suggested Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator/Black Hawk Down.

What do you guys think?

Before I Am Legend, I saw previews for:

The Dark Knight
Prince Caspian
Iron Man

:drool: I love previews that make me excited to see stuff. Movies = yay.

You saw Iron Man? I got those two, but instead of Iron Man I got something about Roscoe Jenkins (aka the stereotypically retarded "black family comedy," please don't call me racist for saying this, but if you saw the trailer, you'd know what I mean.) and goddamn 10,000 B.C., which looks like it may be the most historically inaccurate dumbfuck of a movie ever (from Roland Emmerich... so what else can you say really?)

But I Am Legend was excellent, definitely a surprise to see a movie of that scale actually have the story/thematic content to overshadow the excellent effects.

Yeah, I saw those two trailers as well. I loathe Martin Lawrence.

Ooh, and I also got a preview for the new Adam Sandler movie, "Don't Mess With the Zohan" or something like that. I'm not usually a Sandler comedy fan, but I laughed a few times during the trailer.

I think Judd Apatow's somehow involved with Zohan, that may explain it. Who knows? Alexander Payne helped write the shitfest that was Chuck and Larry, so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Hopefully Rob Schneider won't be prominently involved.

LemonMacPhisto said:
A friend of mine is doing Ridley Scott for a "Director's Analysis" project in his film class. I suggested Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator/Black Hawk Down.

What do you guys think?

How about a director who isn't totally overrated and actually has more than like 4 really good films?

lazarus said:

How about a director who isn't totally overrated and actually has more than like 4 really good films?

Yeah, that's what makes it a little difficult.

Oh, I forgot another great preview I saw today: Be Kind, Rewind.

MUST see. It looks very hilarious.

Oh my God. Danny Glover narrated a video about Civil War Medicine (or lack thereof) that I watched in my American History class.

First off, he's alone in some Civil War camping ground talking like only Danny Glover can talk. Then the real info starts, and even though it's about some pretty grim stuff, my buddy and I could not stop laughing. It's Danny Glover, guys. He really is too old for this shit now.

Dalton said:
corianderstem, Please tell me that your signature is a sexual as I am imaging it to be.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

WHAT????

I'm not even sure how you get something even remotely sexual out of it.

It's a lyric from a song. Called "Errand Girl For Rhythm."

Ha!

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, my dear. It's a quote to show my love for music, not to show my pop and sizzle. :sexywink:

A few things:

I liked Gladiator when I saw it that summer. I'm still mystified as to how it won any Academy Awards. It just didn't seem like that type of movie. Russell Crowe sure had a great speech though.

Dalton: Lance was the one blowing the Eastern Promises trumpet the loudest, so blame him. Or his mom. She was all about the swinging sauna dick, I imagine.

Coriander: Diana Krall?

lazarus said:
Coriander: Diana Krall?

Yep! :)

NSW: You should try ending your meetings by saying "Clear eyes, full hearts" and see if anyone answers back "Can't lose!"

If not, you'll know they don't watch Friday Night Lights. And they'll know you're a complete dork.

No spoken words said:
I like when I have staff meetings, and just before we start, I say "Strength and Honor". I'm 37 years old.

When people are bored to the point of falling asleep, do you interrupt the proceedings with "Are you not entertained?"

You should also try the simplicity of letting a handful of earth fall through your hands onto the table, contemplating the fleeting nature of existence.

Cori, I don't watch FNL, so, can't do it....and, they already know I'm a complete dork...and if they do not, they will. I cannot hide it.

Laz, I've actually used the "Are you not Entertained" line at work. You have to remember, I'm working in a corporate setting, with people that for the most part know not a whole hell of a lot about anything beyond sports, so, if I don't inject some measure of eclecticism, few will.....I am also obsessed with making myself laugh, so there's that. I quote Swingers a lot at work....anytime someone mentions one of our cameramen, I'll say "Not the cameraman", and, I like to end meetings by getting up and saying "I....I would never eat here". If anyone get it, great, if not, whatever.

"I'll have the eggs over easy in the Age of Enlightenment"

"Hang on, Voltaire"

"They're gonna give daddy the Rain Man suite--we're gonna be up five hunny by midnight!"

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I once tore up a girl's phone number in front of my friends right after getting it a la Trent. Also met one of my girlfriends at a bar where she was attempting to teach me to swing dance. And for a couple years I lived in the Los Feliz neighborhood where most of that was shot.

Those were the days...

I'll never forget 6 of my friends driving from a party in Beverly Hills to one in the Hollywood Hills. In 6 cars. We left the first party because it was "dead". As we were driving, Swingers was all I could think about. This was about a year after I'd moved to LA from NY. And my name's Mike. :)

"Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny assholes. And I'm gonna tell you something T. Are you listening?"

No spoken words said:

Laz, I've actually used the "Are you not Entertained" line at work.

DON'T DO THAT! I got fired from my last job because a suit quoted that line in a staff meeting and before I could stop myself, I was shouting, "This time it for the money, my nigga!"

Apparently, what is good for the goose is NOT good for the gander. :|

Brooklyn! Stand Up!

Man, I wish I had someone like you on my team, NSW. I quote pop culture stuff all the time, but most of the time I have to explain it, which takes away all the fun. :(

Back
Top Bottom