Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maulhologram1_tmb.jpg

He will find your--lost--ship.

I also thought V For Vendetta was criminally underrated (and I'm a HUGE fan of the graphic mini-series), and was very impressed with McTeigue.

Is this based on something?

I'm not sure. But the name alone is worth getting excited over. I was likewise extremely impressed with McTeigue's work, which I thought eclipsed even that of his mentors for the most part. Just can't wait for some more info on this.

Alright, so I'm thinking one more week for accepting ballots for the Interference Movie Awards. The Oscars are a week from Sunday or Monday, right?

We only have 6 ballots. And 9 pages in the thread.

Sad.

NSW, have you filled one out yet?

Everyone is encouraged to submit, in whatever categories you want, even if you can't get up to 5 in them:

http://forum.interference.com/t183661.html

I have not yet, no. We have a week? I'll fill out as much as I feel confident about filling out, which will not be all that much.

Just finished For Your Eyes Only, which, as I was telling Lance, remains sort of a sentimental favorite of mine. But, that aside, while it's not a Top 5 Bond film, I really do think it hold up pretty well. Good ski chase scene in the middle of the film, a little bit of revenge, which I always like, Topol of all people is in there, and, well, I just dig it.

Now it's rough sledding.....of the 9 that remain, I only like 3.

Seriously. As if I wasn't anxious enough over this movie. What a fantastic trailer. :drool:

You can already tell from all the clips and trailers we've seen so far what the sort of dialogue we're getting here. That's been the biggest complaint thus far from all the reviews I've read, cheesy dialogue and VO. I can hear what they mean so far, but it still feels just like WKW writing... only in English. Ya know? And that's a good thing if you ask me.

What sucks is that the film didn't do well in Cannes, and it caused a backlash where critics were suddenly wondering if WKW's voiceovers only seemed poetic because they were in Cantonese. Which is really unfair, I think.

I know I'm going to love it. Fuck the haterz.

I look forward to my WKW-a-thon after the Bond-a-thon ends. That will be great, as every film will be new to me.

I need to go back and look at your collective recommendations for what order to go in when the time comes.

I always thought his VO's were entirely sincere, Cantonese or not. Real people don't speak in perfectly written poeticisms anyway. Not to say his VO writing is entirely true to reality anyway, but I don't think it has to be. Reminds me of how Malick writes his VO, which not surprisingly is one of the biggest complaints from his detractors as well.

Chungking Express
Fallen Angels
Days of Being Wild
In the Mood For Love

That's how I would start.

Hey, has anyone seen Ashes of Time yet?

And I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to watch Days of Being Wild again or Happy Together for the first time in a few minutes.

Tough decisions.

lazarus said:

I'm waiting for the remastered "director's cut" DVD treatment they're currently working on for it. Should be out some time this year.

lazarus said:
Chungking Express
Fallen Angels
Days of Being Wild
In the Mood For Love

Thanks...I copied and pasted onto a document, so, no need to come back here......cannot wait.

lazarus said:
Chungking Express
Fallen Angels
Days of Being Wild
In the Mood For Love

And for the record, I agree with this.

Though I can't yet say where Happy Together should go in there, if at all (for a starters list I mean, of course, I'm sure it kicks ass).

Lancemc said:
http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=Cannes2007&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117965045

There's the first article I found just now. Not the most elaborate, but other mentioned re-editing material, newly composed music, and all that jazz. Apparently Wong is still bummed from the way it turned out originally.

It's in the WKW boxed set that I own, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. Martial Arts fantasy? I'm worried. Doyle did shoot it though, so it has to at least look good.

Maybe I should wait for the Redux?

Very cool news.

That's my plan. From what I've heard all the current releases have horrid video and audio quality, which is a big reason for the demand of a new release. I watch a few shitty clips from this on youtube. I had no idea what was going on, but it was beautiful.

Happy Together.

Holy Christ. Wong Kar Wai and Tony Leung must be some kind of divine entities. I don't know how else they're able to do it.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom